Is it important to you to win the Champions League?

Is it important to you to win the Champions League?

• Yes

Votes: 206 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 99 32.5%

• Total voters
For me and most of my generation (90s kids) winning the European Cup will feel like the pinnacle, and the end of a long journey from the grim days growing up in the shadow of THEM.

When i hear rags and dippers ask what would you sooner win the premiership title or the champions league , i'll be honest , in my opinion you have to win both to call yourselves true champions ,they go hand in hand , if we finish second in the league from here and then go on to win the champions league , then we cant really say we are the best team in Europe , because over the season we havent proved to be the best team in our own league. If however we win the league and then go on to win the champions league then we are indisputably the Champions of Europe ... When Liverpool won the champions league , for all their bluster , they knew they'd finished second best in their own country over a full season and thats why they where so desperate to win it last year , It justified their claims of being the best team in Europe ...
Win your own league first , then you can truly go on to prove you are the best team in Europe , finish second and then winning it , to me , is just a nice trophy to stick in the cupboard and obviously a monkey off our back but still i'd be slightly disappointed..

Yes, it's important. No, not winning won't diminish any of our accomplishments. It would be nice to see other teams' fans scramble for something else to throw at us if we did win it though.

I would love to win it purely to piss everyone else off. Especially if we can boo the jingle in the final.

I voted no because I don’t think pissing other people off is reason alone to think it’s important!
And that is part of the problem!

Do you really think they want their showpiece game of the season beamed across the world with 1,000's of City fans booing them?
Best to get us out the way in the earlier rounds by any means !

With no fans to 'boo' it this season maybe they'll let us win it?

Naw, can't see it myself!

I would like City to be KIngs of Europe. Who wouldn't.

Over the years City fans have built up natural defences for not winning it and seeing Man Utd and Liverpool win it. "I'm not bothered". Some have completely justified this to themselves. and even refuse to go.

I don't like the CL one bit. It's a money-making machine and most of the games are absolutely awful to watch. Bus-parking-on-steroids, diving, cheating, appalling officials, strange rules, shit VAR and weird decisions. The team who wins the PL is simply the best team that season, no question. The team who wins the CL has ridden their luck, dived, cheated and got lucky. So, forgive me if I don't get excited about it.

That said, it means a lot to the players, the staff, Pep and the owners. So, I'll get behind the team but in all honesty, if we never win it it won't bother me one bit.

I know United and Liverpool get giddy about it, but let's cut to the chase, slapping the best teams from Sweden, Belgium and Austria in the 60s and 70s and bragging about being the best is EXACTLY the same as someone from Huddersfield boasting they are up there with Spurs for PL titles. You can't even compare this CL to the ones in the 70s and 80s.

Liverpool go on about Europe but most of their trophies was filmed in black and white, lo-fi definition and the scruffy crowd was wearing flares, platforms and donkey jackets. Must have stunk like a zoo in their end.

Anyway, if we win it I'll still use it as an excuse to crack open more champers and piss the red neighbours off though.
This exactly.

I detest the corruption which is further exemplified by plans to create a super league that will give an automatic pass to any big clubs that fail to qualify through their own league standing.

Absolutely 100% fixed shit.

And that is part of the problem!

Do you really think they want their showpiece game of the season beamed across the world with 1,000's of City fans booing them?
Best to get us out the way in the earlier rounds by any means !

With no fans to 'boo' it this season maybe they'll let us win it?

Naw, can't see it myself!
Yeah but that’s why we have to do it when we can. Imagine the piss boiling!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.