Is it just me?

mad4city

I love football. I'm a huge music fan.
I have absolutely no inclination to combine the two, though.
What I mean is, when I go to a football match, as a rule, I'm generally only there to watch the football. Boring, I know but that's just me.
If everybody else wants to sing and organise synchronised dancing, good for them. That's their business and I don't honestly give one what's going on around me because I'm far too wrapped up in what's going on in front of me.
I'm not for one blessed second suggesting that everybody should stop singing and sit in rapt silence, as I am wont to do. God knows, there have been loads of days that I've even joined in for a chorus or two. Just like I might dance for a song or two at a wedding but I'll never Sky Plus Strictly, if you follow me.
Now, I know I'm probably in the minority on this and I'm the first to admit that it'd be very boring if the whole crowd followed my lead. All I'm asking is, is it just me or is anyone else too agitated and wrecked in the head, when watching City, to he bothered singing?

I think there is nothing better than going to a big match with a pulsating atmosphere where everyone gets behind the team and acts as a 12th man. Sitting in the Colin bell for one of the cup matches last year made me think, what is the point being here to sit in total silence. Might as well watch it on the tele.

Each to there own though.

Imagine 40 thousand people sitting in silence......

The atmosphere and passion from the fans in football is one of the main reasons why its so popular imo.

Room for both.

The singers and the quieter fans.

But have had my enjoyment spoilt occasionally when there has been a foul mouthed bloke screaming and yelling idiotic abuse on and on.

I would sing much more if only I had better voice!

JJ

Not just , I sing sometimes, shout sometimes, back the lads and give abuse to the opposition and ref when deserved, but am not at all interested in "a capo" or drums or any other ideas, and couldnt care about the atmosphere, although I dont think the atmosphere is any different than it was at Maine Road, certainly after MR became all seated, some games bouncing, some very subdued, and the reason I go to games rather than watch on TV is cause at the game, if the opposition are attacking, I can have a glance and see our defence is organised and panic a bit less, I can see who is making runs off the ball, changes in formation etc that are not noticeable when relying on the cameramen and editors showing what they think we want to see.

Front row level 2 , don't sing as nobody within 50 yards or more sings. At Wembley, surrounded by singers, I sing my heart out, though I am normally well pissed on our trips to Wembley. I wish more people did sing, especially around me.

Nothing against those that don't wish to sing

It's just you mate!
I'm normally a shy, retiring, introverted person, but when I get to see City ( admittedly not so frequent after moving south) I usually end up sitting next to someone I don't know, other than that they're a City fan, when the surge of sound spreads like a wave, I can't help but get carried along with it, especially if we're at Wembley, and were out singing tho opposition, that's one of the main reasons for watching live football, the atmosphere! The same reason I love watching live music, to feel it, to live,
If you want to sit down, in peace and quiet, stay at home, watch it on tv

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.