Is it time to eat a little humble pie for Christmas?

You can see the whole squad Inc management subs medical staff everyone is involved in the celebrations after a game and that' great to see it' done behind closed doors in a dressing room, and it' all down to one man Pep.

Hang on, we've done fuck all wrong here. They celebrate on the pitch like pros, just big group hugs, no over the top shit. Then what they do in the dressing room is up to them, not that I've seen much wrong, I'm sure every team does it. This has all come about cos that slapped arse Rag twat got his arse handed to him and he didn't like it.

Hang on, weren't the rags posting videos of them singing the paddywack song after the chumps league cup??? They also did the same before then as well.

Not a single player has said we are going to win the league. They have all said it's way to early and they only concentrate on the next match. The nearest they have got to gloating has been to say it's better to be 11 points ahead than behind...

The fuckers have to work hard as fuck to be this good, you have to allow them to drink the nectar of that hard work. Moday mornings Pep will be reminding them how good it felt to win and emphasising it's down to there hard work individually and as a team, it is a train ing aid for sure

Honestly, the way we are being portrayed, it is as if we are doing something wrong. They are just searching to find something negative to report on. We beat our bitter local rivals in their own back yard, so we bloody should celebrate. It's not as if that c*nt hasn't carried on like a pork chop on the sideline in the past. It's just sour grapes because he has just been schooled in coaching, and despite the huge transfer fees that they have paid, he still cannot assemble a team that is getting anywhere near us.

To equal, and then surpass a PL winning record, also deserves a celebration, so I really do not see an issue.

A few years back it was the training ground bust ups, and the fragmentation of the squad and management that was the issue. Now we have a squad, totally unified, playing for each other and not a bunch of individuals, and it is deemed to be an issue.

F*ck Them!!! Let's just enjoy the journey.

If all they have to be critical about is the way we and our players celebrate then they had better get used to it.

As an older than most supporter I have had to put up with all sorts of insults about our team from a patronising view that I support a team as bad as City to hatred and general ridicule from the press and other supporters alike.
United supporters in particular took delight in taunting our admittedly atrocious performances after, during and before our games but like all true blues I took it on the chin and took pride in my support unlike the majority of our previous owners and many players.

How things have changed, a magnificent successful team brought together by the best manager in the world and a team of Management second to none via our owners concentrating on a business plan for football that works better than any other team in the football sector.

Time to be magnanemous maybe more like time to be sorry for way other teams are run, most of them acting as cash cows for greedy owners taking their cut rather than careful investment of a good preportion of City profits to produce a team rather than a collection of individuals.

Some City fans want to learn how to celebrate. Starting at the ground by getting behind this team and players. They deserve better.

I must admit to me it looked like more stayed to the end on Saturday

Good post, OP. So far, I don’t think we have stepped out of line, but we’ll have to endure a residual amount of snidery (?) from the old guard. It’s the sound of worms turning.

The “Park the bus” rendition was fully justified as a belated reaction to Mourinho’s obnoxious behaviour. I’m not surprised if the players have now adopted it. And if they can’t celebrate after a match, something is wrong. Maybe the Press confuse it with the Gouger’s favoured brand of provocation, of which we hear little comment.

While we are talking managers, Pep’s public behaviour has been exemplary.

There is a fine dividing line, though, and we do need to stay classy.

Last edited:
I also keep reading what's the fuss about "they haven't won anything yet".
Well if i was a sponsor, i want to back the team that gets the most positive attention. Whether we win the league or the champs league or not doesn't change the fact that people want to watch this team play right now. Even rival fans admit they are tuning in. All the neutrals and floaters are saying the same.
The "Invincible tag" that arsenal got is still being talked about today. Yet being invincible doesn't mean jack shit or guarantee you win the league. I don't even get it, i would have thought you had to WIN all matches for it to mean "Invincible". Yet the press pick on on things like that. So City's record breaking run of league wins doesn't come with a cup, but does have merit for us to celebrate.

The other point lost with the "they haven't won anything yet" tag doesn't take into how we are playing and winning those matches. United could go all season without losing and be branded "Invincible". But it would be been done with the dire putrid desperate football on offer now.
We are doing something special right now and i and many others are loving it, winning anything at the end is literally a bonus..

IF the players can't enjoy the moment, then what is the point?
Pep will not let them get complacent, not a chance in hell.
The media will always try to engineer an angle to make it newsworthy, and if that means setting us up for a possible fall, then they will do so, and the Sky Cartel Media will jump at any chance to blow out of proportion anything, if it means they can say "told you so"
You can bet they have a team working on a " Newcastle style Devon Lock capitulation from a x point lead" as we speak.

Sad that the media bitterness about us being so good seems to have affected some of our fanbase. Fuck them. We are playing brilliantly and rightly celebrating. It's the only pathetic point the media have been left with after we've blown everyone away, not sure why anyone takes it remotely seriously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.