Is it time to say goodbye

That must have been awful :-(
I seem to be a jinx. Because l go for rescue dogs that often get mistreated/misused like greyhounds bull terriers etc they have less time left so lve had more than my fair share of goodbyes. But its worth it if you can give an older dog a happy life and home.

Last edited:
It’s always hard to say goodbye to a pet especially when you make the decision to take them to be put to sleep, I decided to take my old collie in as she was on her last legs and just lost all her ability to move. I find it hard to forgive myself two years later even though I know it was the right thing to do.

Always a very sad day when a pet has to be put down,they do really become another member of the family,my wife was with our pom when he got put down said she’d never do it again as it broke her heart he was only 8 at the time made worse by the fact it was also the wife’s birthday...

How sad, we took our old dog to the vet as he has been a little under the weather and we left him as they did scans etc, we hadn't even got home before they rang back, cancer, the thing is you just don't see it as they age slowly before your eyes, the slower walk, the shouts of you lazy bugger come on boy and then the next day they are gone, it broke my heart and tbh it is hard enough typing this 3 years later.
It's great seeing the inner decency of posters about animals which we dont always show to our fellow humans on here;)

So sorry Tiny. You don’t have to worry about her anymore. Those beautiful times you’ve spent together will soon come flooding back. You have given her love, and a wonderful life, and allowed her a dignified end.
Feel for you, have been there and it hurts like hell. Take care.

You can take great solace from the fact that you have done the right thing for you and most importantly, your lovely dog.
I will have dogs all my life and as upsetting as it is , I will keep going.

Well today was the day, Tia went quietly and painlessly at 12:15pm today.

The most amazing dog I could ever have wished for, so many amazing memories, and things I’ll miss every single day.
Had to do it twice its horrible feel for you.

I seem to be a jinx. Because l go for rescue dogs that often get mistreated/misused like greyhounds bull terriers etc they have less time left so lve had more than my fair share of goodbyes. But its worth it if you can give an older dog a happy life and home.
Me and the wife have volunteered for years for a greyhound rescue, we've had quite a few down the years both ours and foster dogs. When one of ours dies it's not long before there's another. We've two at the minute, Joey who's thirteen in September and Sergio who came to us after the Villa final aged six. My wife insisted prior to his arrival we named him after whoever the scorer of the first City goal was. She looked up his racing history and he and Aguero share the same birthday.

Me and the wife have volunteered for years for a greyhound rescue, we've had quite a few down the years both ours and foster dogs. When one of ours dies it's not long before there's another. We've two at the minute, Joey who's thirteen in September and Sergio who came to us after the Villa final aged six. My wife insisted prior to his arrival we named him after whoever the scorer of the first City goal was. She looked up his racing history and he and Aguero share the same birthday.
My greyhound was the only dog lve had whose date of birth l knew from his racing papers. I looked him up and although he wasnt a duffer he was retired before he was three. Thankfully he was given to the greyhound rescue and did not suffer the horrors that some get. He was a big and lazy softarse but fast when he wanted. A bit like David White.
I saw some programmes about Staffies and similar dogs and scrotes who get dogs and soon get fed up of them and the RSPCA kennels at Warrington was full of them so being a sucker for a sob story lve got one of them now. Perhaps a discarded Cane Corso next;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.