Is it time to say goodbye

Well today was the day, Tia went quietly and painlessly at 12:15pm today.

The most amazing dog I could ever have wished for, so many amazing memories, and things I’ll miss every single day.

The most amazing dog I could ever have wished for, so many amazing memories, and things I’ll miss every single day.

Sorry to hear that mate.

We had the awful decision to have our 14 year old dog put to sleep last August, she was so poorly it wasn’t fair on her. Nearly 12 months ago and still miss her every single day. Even things we miss that used to annoy us like barking at people walking past the window etc

It does get easier and we have said we would get another at some point, especially if we are going to be working from home more permanent.

One thing that did help us was the rainbow bridge poem. Took me about an hour to read it though :(

So sad and I do know how you are feeling,we lost Buster in 2010 he was also 14 both of us in a right mess we said not getting another dog but in 2014 Bluey our Cockapoo came along.He will be 6 in 2 weeks and we love him to bits.

Sorry to hear that Tiny.
I blubbed for days after we had our Yorkie put down years ago after it had a massive stroke.
I know I’ll be just as bad when her 10 year old replacement’s time comes.

Sorry to hear that mate. Pets are part of the family and it’s very sad when you lose one.

Sorry to hear that TINY, I've just read the whole thread and was welling up but your post has broke the dam.
Be strong pal, it might not seem it right now but it's was the right thing to do.

Thats the only problem you invest love and affection and they break your heart but be comforted in the fact you gave each other so much pleasure and you have great memories It hurts but time heals the pain

It's an awful responsibility to have to make that decision, but look upon it as a last act of love.
Our springer developed cancer at 8 and we had to persuade the vet to let us have her gor the boys to say goodbye over the weekend.
When we took her on the Monday she looked up with her big brown trusting eyes as she literally went to sleep. We like to say the trusting look was because she knew it was an act of love which of course it was. But those brown eyes will always haunt.

Our springer developed cancer at 8 and we had to persuade the vet to let us have her gor the boys to say goodbye over the weekend.
When we took her on the Monday she looked up with her big brown trusting eyes as she literally went to sleep. We like to say the trusting look was because she knew it was an act of love which of course it was. But those brown eyes will always haunt.
They do seem to "know" don't they. Doesn't make it easier though and, as you say, that last look is something you never forget.
We had 2 German sheps. First one was put to sleep aged 11 after developing cancer. The second at age 7 after developing the spine condition that breed is prone to. She was still full of life but we knew she wouldn't have been able to walk within weeks (it was very progressive and the vet had already told us the timescale). That one was much worse to have to go through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.