Is it true Aguero can't be banned? (Update P43)

David Luiz is a dirty twat who avoids a certain red for sneaky elbows every match. Aguero got away with one too. Should have been a red, but so should Luiz constant elbows. I HATE the fucker.

Ducado said:
It just shows how little most fans actually know about the rules of the game!
And what chance does anyone have of understanding them when the goalposts continually move and consistency is a word unheard of?

Re: Is it true Aguero can't be banned?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
stony said:
Castiel said:
Talk about hyperbole. If you think anything Luiz does in that gif is wrong, then you'd have to agree Yaya, Kompany and Zab at least all deserved reds several times over in that game. It was a completely unjustified retaliation to a simple hand off however you look at it. He better score a hat-trick against Spurs now.

Luiz is a dirty bastard, he's always flinging his elbows every single game. How he's got away with it so far is a mystery. That said, Sergio shouldn't have reacted the way he did and it was a straight red no question. I will say that he was obviously infuriated with Luiz and that's why he saw the red mist. It's the first time I've ever seen him react like this and it was completely out of character.
The rake down the back of Sergios leg by Torres in contrast was completely cynical and just as deserving as a red card. You could argue that it was worse because it was pre meditated rather than a moment of madness like Aguero.

There'll be a dozen pro footballers applauding Sergio for gettin' in their retaliation. Luiz has done a few in his time and always seems to get away with it. Bloody laughable that he comes the 'holier than Sergio' caper. Yer got a stamp on yer arse got yer threw a fuckin' pointy elbow
Thank you for saying this, if Sergio would have gone down from the elbow sideshow would have walked, but too honest is our Sergio, he thought take that, then the tw-t asks for an apology

Marvin said:
Castiel said:
Marvin said:
Hand-off? You mean elbow.
How is that an elbow? There is no force in his arm at all, he bounced off Aguero immediately and it was nowhere near his face - it was actually below his shoulders... I don't see how you call that an elbow and what Yaya and Kompany were doing was fine. The answer is they're all fine. You're allowed to protect the ball with your body. This is a contact sport.
That's not protecting the ball with your body, that's slamming an elbow into the opponent with considerable force

Much as I'm delighted for Sergio, and much as I think Luiz is a sly twat with a long history of snidey elbows and body checks, I do wonder if some of the people on here have ever played football! Luiz does little more in that gif that put his arm out to hold Sergio off. To call that 'slamming an elbow' is laughable I'm afraid

When are they reviewing the Torres assault on Kun? Can't see him getting away with anything other than a 3 match ban given that the officials missed it. :-)

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Marvin said:
Castiel said:
How is that an elbow? There is no force in his arm at all, he bounced off Aguero immediately and it was nowhere near his face - it was actually below his shoulders... I don't see how you call that an elbow and what Yaya and Kompany were doing was fine. The answer is they're all fine. You're allowed to protect the ball with your body. This is a contact sport.
That's not protecting the ball with your body, that's slamming an elbow into the opponent with considerable force

Much as I'm delighted for Sergio, and much as I think Luiz is a sly twat with a long history of snidey elbows and body checks, I do wonder if some of the people on here have ever played football! Luiz does little more in that gif that put his arm out to hold Sergio off. To call that 'slamming an elbow' is laughable I'm afraid

You might come to that conclusion if you only use what's in that .gif as evidence. If you watch the whole incident, it's clear that Luis lunges at Aguero with his elbow. Had Aguero went to ground instead, there might an argument for a red card issued to Luis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.