Is it true Aguero can't be banned? (Update P43)

I'm astounded that he got away with that but very happy about it too. I was expecting him to get a right going over.

The more I watch it now, the more I'm wondering why the ref gave Chelsea a free kick when Luiz took a swipe at Aguero?

Just another thing, don't know if anyone noticed it, but when we got a break on Chelsea down the left in the first half, Milner shrugs off Ramires good and proper, but Ramires kicks out at Milner as he's going down.

It was one of those games - a belter.

gaudino4 said:
I'm astounded that he got away with that but very happy about it too. I was expecting him to get a right going over...
Liked I said, Kun was just trying to jump over him but became nauseated in mid air by blatant Brazilian mooning and was obliged to make a forced landing. The FA can be relied on to spot this sort of thing.

you have to admit he's a lucky lad
aguero46zdn.gif

DiscoSteve said:
you have to admit he's a lucky lad

He's definitely a lucky lad .... the more i watch that the worse it looks , it's an atrocious lunge , and looks like something more suited to the 'long jump' in athletics ... Aguero could easily have been carted straight off for an early bath there , very easily ... and probably would have been too , with another referee .... in the present day 'climate' of the game , that probably should have been a straight red.

Just as well that Aguero only appears to catch Luiz's arse with his studs , and not another part of his anatomy , or we could quite easily have seen a nasty injury there.

Looks like all Luiz wants is an apology , and reckons he's forgiven Aguero ..... maybe Sergio might think about offering him one to keep the 'waters calm'??

Did we get the gif of the Torres scrape? Or the elbow to Sergio's face in the first half? Ragcafe conveniently forget that this year's "great escapes" include Wio's stamp on Torres in the quarter-final - and there was no way the referee saw that....

Lucky boy but I'm more than chuffed, hopefully he keeps bagging! But I hope Mancini has a word, any stupid move like that from now on could see him miss the final!

SuperYaya said:
Castiel said:
If it mattered enough to me I'd go get gifs of Kompany and Yaya doing the same, if not worse and be interested to see how it's justified in that case (at one point Kompany wiped Mata clean out with a shoulder barge after he nutmegged him) - but it doesn't. He escaped the ban and you're going to get enough grief about it in the media anyway, if I know the media.

I remember the shoulder and it was totally legal, hence why the referee did nothing even though he was about 5 yards away.

Aguero should just apologize to Luiz, publicly or privately, and move on.
You don't by any chance run a scout troop do you?

Im just disappointed because he has been one of the few players that gets respect from non-city fans and now he is stuck with a bad reputation for one silly challenge.

Rocket Sauce said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Marvin said:
That's not protecting the ball with your body, that's slamming an elbow into the opponent with considerable force

Much as I'm delighted for Sergio, and much as I think Luiz is a sly twat with a long history of snidey elbows and body checks, I do wonder if some of the people on here have ever played football! Luiz does little more in that gif that put his arm out to hold Sergio off. To call that 'slamming an elbow' is laughable I'm afraid

You might come to that conclusion if you only use what's in that .gif as evidence. If you watch the whole incident, it's clear that Luis lunges at Aguero with his elbow. Had Aguero went to ground instead, there might an argument for a red card issued to Luis.

Just watched the original footage. Looks marginally worse than the gif certainly, but still no more than a robust block with the arm. Certainly not an "elbowing" in the traditional sense, and if you think there might be an argument for Luiz to have been shown a red then I can only suggest that any game reffed by your good self would be lucky to finish 3 a-side

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.