Is left back really a problem?

What was his pre-injury self? was he ever that good? Unfortunately we will never know!
I thought with Mendy we acquired a fullback that had all the physical tools, but technically he was very raw. Now he is like 2/3 the player he was physically and not improved in other areas due to lost time and being further down in the rotation. He just doesn't look right at all when he moves around.

I can't see us getting rid of Mendy. Like Stones and Gundo time was given to them post injury.

If you add in Zin, all 3 came close to being sold before a dramatic improvement and levelling up.

Mendy, surely, has that same pathway.
I doubt he’ll get back to the player he should have been myself, however he’s had an injury free summer for rest and will have a full pre season so it’s probably now or never. Think he’ll be with us next year anyway and we look at left back next summer.

I doubt he’ll get back to the player he should have been myself, however he’s had an injury free summer for rest and will have a full pre season so it’s probably now or never. Think he’ll be with us next year anyway and we look at left back next summer.

Well, I hope he gets an injury free season and proves his doubters wrong, big time.

He was pretty injury free last year and still no improvement

Well, that's not really true, is it?

The issue of recovering then trying to get back into the rhythm and pace of the team only to have setback by injury or confidence and is left out again only to be reintroduced and it start all over.

We all look at these things with our own assessment and have our own outcome of what we see.

I thought with Mendy we acquired a fullback that had all the physical tools, but technically he was very raw. Now he is like 2/3 the player he was physically and not improved in other areas due to lost time and being further down in the rotation. He just doesn't look right at all when he moves around.
Physically damaged without doubt but also not a good footballer, does not read the game well.

Current injury notwithstanding, what does Bluemoon think about Leonardo Spinazzola - I haven't watched him enough to form an opinion either way. Might he be the left back we're looking for?

Current injury notwithstanding, what does Bluemoon think about Leonardo Spinazzola - I haven't watched him enough to form an opinion either way. Might he be the left back we're looking for?
Apparently he has a horrible track record for injuries. I'd never heard of him anyway until the Euros. Looks a good player though.

As long as Cancelo covers the left spot I highly doubt there is much concern till Mendy's contract runs out. 3 options in Zinchenko, Cancelo, Aké and then Mendy. Obviously would like a proper left back option but I guess we'll see next summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.