Is Manchester a tough place to live in?

I could not imagine living somewhere hot all the time. i am sweating my arse off today and cant wait to get home and shower.
Have you watched Bloodline on Netflix? It's set in the Florida Keys and everyone has a sheen of sweat constantly.

All the sitting on the beach, outdoor bars, and scuba diving looks amazing, but they also look lethargic and sweaty all the time. I really don't mind hot or humid weather on holidays as I can adapt my day around it, but I'd hate to have to do all the other bits of everyday life in it.

Have you watched Bloodline on Netflix? It's set in the Florida Keys and everyone has a sheen of sweat constantly.

All the sitting on the beach, outdoor bars, and scuba diving looks amazing, but they also look lethargic and sweaty all the time. I really don't mind hot or humid weather on holidays as I can adapt my day around it, but I'd hate to have to do all the other bits of everyday life in it.
I could handle the keys for a bit but head up to somewhere like Houston or Birmingham AL if you want a truly miserable time

Of those three, I've only been to Madrid, and Manchester is a much more interesting place.

Even the weather is a mixed blessing - Sure it's lovely to sit out late at night having a drink, but it can be hell to work in, and you have to adapt to avoiding the heat just as much as we adapt to avoiding the rain.

When you add in the countryside that closely surrounds Manchester, I'd choose it over Madrid every time.

Fuck no. Madrid is a brilliant city!

Well slightly different take. I think the players live centrally generally because it's handy for the training ground and it's a trek from Bowdon etc. You could argue that if city had built the training complex say at Woodford aerospace site which apparently was offered/available Bernardo could have had his tennis courts, mini golf and swimming pool in Prestbury and just tootalled into training everyday. I believe Chelsea's training ground is in a fairly posh part of Surrey near where the players live.

Well slightly different take. I think the players live centrally generally because it's handy for the training ground and it's a trek from Bowdon etc. You could argue that if city had built the training complex say at Woodford aerospace site which apparently was offered/available Bernardo could have had his tennis courts, mini golf and swimming pool in Prestbury and just tootalled into training everyday. I believe Chelsea's training ground is in a fairly posh part of Surrey near where the players live.

agree with that.

You're mad mate. How can you think Manchester is even comparable to those cities, weather aside? Out of interest what do you base your argument as to whether a city is good or not? Most of us would compare cuisine, culture, price, weather (yes disregard if you like), activities, nightlife etc. They trump Manchester probably on every level.

I’m not saying they are comparable to those cities nor disregarding the weather, I’m saying that a place’s reputation is boosted by the climate. Culture and cuisine are created around the weather. You take the weather away and they become any normal city.

If you could live anywhere in the world why would you choose Manchester? But if you have to live in Manchester it is not the drab damp shithole that people make it out to be.

Now give Manchester the weather we are experiencing now for 9 months a year and people will be saying it’s a great place to live as the weather would compliment the fantastic amenities we have.

Weather affects the whole way of life. What you can do, when you can do it and for how long. Far from being confusing, it‘s a major part of the equation. How can you set it aside?

You can’t, but you can’t judge a city and what it has to offer just because you need an umbrella with you the majority of time.

You can’t, but you can’t judge a city and what it has to offer just because you need an umbrella with you the majority of time.

45 years here and never owned an umbrella and never will. Probably held one 10 times in my life??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.