Is Manchester a tough place to live in?

What makes a city ‘liveable’ and does Manchester have those qualities? I think we also need to distinguish between the City Centre/inner city Manchester and the outer suburbs. Bernardo is probably fed up living in his flat in town, but Ederson in his mansion out in Alderley Edge is loving life which is why he is signing long contracts with us. There’s few better places to bring his kids up than where he is living.

The best city centres in the world cater for ppl of all ages, something Manchester does not. Is there a single children’s park anywhere in town? There’s zero green space. If you are in town with your kids on a Saturday afternoon, would you feel comfortable hanging around and having a meal and a few drinks with them in tow and going home at 9pm? No, you are looking to get out of there before the idiots arrive. That’s probably the same for every city centre in the U.K. bar London. You really can’t be taken seriously as a city and compare yourself to the great cities when the above is true.

I see town as being somewhere to shop, eat and get pissed. It’s not very liveable at all.

The parkway / princess Road is such an angry place. Why are people so full for rage around there?
If you mean road rage you have:
An unnecessary 30 mph speed limit for from town to just short of the M60.
A road surface that feels as though it's been ploughed rather than rolled.
Lots and lots of traffic lights. These are needed but add to the frustration.

Yeah the potholes around hough end are bad and its a 30mph all the way from the junction in hulme but no excuse for drivers to lose their shit but quite amusing to watch some of the meltdowns from grown men.

I guess if the road surface is that bad then 30mph is probably right.

What makes a city ‘liveable’ and does Manchester have those qualities? I think we also need to distinguish between the City Centre/inner city Manchester and the outer suburbs. Bernardo is probably fed up living in his flat in town, but Ederson in his mansion out in Alderley Edge is loving life which is why he is signing long contracts with us. There’s few better places to bring his kids up than where he is living.

The best city centres in the world cater for ppl of all ages, something Manchester does not. Is there a single children’s park anywhere in town? There’s zero green space. If you are in town with your kids on a Saturday afternoon, would you feel comfortable hanging around and having a meal and a few drinks with them in tow and going home at 9pm? No, you are looking to get out of there before the idiots arrive. That’s probably the same for every city centre in the U.K. bar London. You really can’t be taken seriously as a city and compare yourself to the great cities when the above is true.

I see town as being somewhere to shop, eat and get pissed. It’s not very liveable at all.

Having lived in the city centre (now Ancoats) for 12 years I can confirm this is total rubbish. But I’m 39 and don’t have kids or I’m sure I’d see it in a different way.

Different people like different lifestyles and I absolutely love living in Manchester City Centre. Judging by the number of fellow residents that have moved here and stayed here from all over the country I’d say it definitely has a lot of appeal!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.