Is Manchester a tough place to live in?

What a load of bollocks.
Well I had a stroll through town yesterday in the sun. I had a coffee in Castlefields, pottered up Deansgate, followed by a pint in the newly re-opened Lower Turk's Head and then another one later in the NQ. The streets were packed with thousands of people eating and drinking outside, everyone was smiling (even the one beggar I saw). You can do down the place as much as you want. I have lived in the US and travelled extensively. Manchester is one of the best cities in Europe and much better than London, where I have lived three times. The only city in the UK which runs it close is Edinburgh.

Manchester's biggest problem is it's cleanliness. I've lived here all my life, but it's becomes a right fucking mess over the past ten years. As soon as I step out of my flat there is litter everywhere and piss and vomit stains all over the place. It genuinely stinks of piss and makes me feel a bit queasy. One of those things where as soon as you notice all that, you can't unsee it. It's a good city and i've enjoyed living in town, but it's by no means perfect and I've grown tired of it a bit personally. Some great highs, but some proper lows too. Moving out soon to greener pastures and I can't wait personally.

Manchester's biggest problem is it's cleanliness. I've lived here all my life, but it's becomes a right fucking mess over the past ten years. As soon as I step out of my flat there is litter everywhere and piss and vomit stains all over the place. It genuinely stinks of piss and makes me feel a bit queasy. One of those things where as soon as you notice all that, you can't unsee it. It's a good city and i've enjoyed living in town, but it's by no means perfect and I've grown tired of it a bit personally. Some great highs, but some proper lows too. Moving out soon to greener pastures and I can't wait personally.
Nothing wrong with a bit of green space, especially at my age. But Manchester has got some fantastic green areas on its outskirts. City-centre living is great when you are young.

Reminds me of when I used to live in town, I’d go for a walk on a Sunday morning and the whole place would stink of piss. It made me grateful for the rain. Manchester is getting bigger now so you’d hope they’d get a grip on this sort of stuff. It needs more police, more street workers (meaning people cleaning and fixing stuff, not prostitutes - there’s enough of those).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.