Is Manuka honey worth paying extra for?

District nurse told my wife to get some when she was recovering from a nasty illness, we looked it up and decided not to bother although we did buy some honey and she took that twice a day.

It's just honey isn't it?

District nurse told my wife to get some when she was recovering from a nasty illness, we looked it up and decided not to bother although we did buy some honey and she took that twice a day.

It's just honey isn't it?
It isn't "just honey". I buy organic honey from a beekeeper in Daisy Nook. Wonderful stuff, far better than the bog standard Rowse and the like. The cheap stuff tastes like it has sugar added to me.

It isn't "just honey". I buy organic honey from a beekeeper in Daisey Nook. Wonderful stuff, far better than the bog standard Rowse and the like. The cheap stuff tastes like it has added sugar to me.

I take your experience of it and accept your explanation, I don't care for the stuff.

So adding a spoon of honey to a squeezed lemon does nothing then for relief of cold and flu symptoms?

No evidence means no evidence. Its very hard to prove. Generally for something to be accepted to a scientific standard you have to understand it on a bio chemical level and also demonstrate in a clinical environment. When you develop drugs they start with the chemistry and end up in clinical trial.

With this sort of thing no one can explain how it is supposed to work so there is no point trying to determine if it does actually work. Its a nice idea and people want it to be true. Up to you how you spend your money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.