Is mark hughes manchester citys man to lead us forward?????

Time will tell.

Some people went ludicrously overboard in their criticisms of him last year, but at the same time 3 victories against poor teams isn't worthy of a knighthood either.

I think he will do well, but I might well be wrong.

Mike78 said:
Yes, but the real test of his ability will bee when we qualify for cl, we dont know yet how he will cope with that. I think that his weak point is tactical changes during games, that has been evident in the last season, but for now it is a case of so far so good. It will be extremely interesting to see how we do against arsenal and the scum, cant wait.

totally agree with you there mike. exciting times are certainly just around the corner and he will be tested by the sky4 teams to show how good he can be tactically...

Blackburn,Wolves and Pompey..... it's all about the next two games to see where we're at and if in fact Hughes is going to improve us from last year, not including the expected change in improvement with a £200m outlay.

i think a big yes as long as khaldoon and cookie are there with him.hes signed so top quality premiership players and when you look at the squad you cant help getting all excited by the names in it.come on city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jay_mcfc said:
Blackburn,Wolves and Pompey..... it's all about the next two games to see where we're at and if in fact Hughes is going to improve us from last year, not including the expected change in improvement with a £200m outlay.

I don't agree, in fairness. I'm not saying that games against the big 4 are irrelevant, but our season will be defined by how consistently we beat teams that are definitely weaker than us (of which there are at least 14) not by how we do against teams that are arguably better than us (of which only 4).

We need to repeat our home form from last year against poor teams, while upping our away form against them. Do that and we'll be close to the CL places, irrespective of how we do against the big 4.

Braggster said:
jay_mcfc said:

I don't agree, in fairness. I'm not saying that games against the big 4 are irrelevant, but our season will be defined by how consistently we beat teams that are definitely weaker than us (of which there are at least 14) not by how we do against teams that are arguably better than us (of which only 4).

We need to repeat our home form from last year against poor teams, while upping our away form against them. Do that and we'll be close to the CL places, irrespective of how we do against the big 4.

I've said this before, the results against the top four do not make or break a season. It's the ones below you that you need to beat consistently. Anything against them is a bonus.

Braggster said:
Time will tell.

Some people went ludicrously overboard in their criticisms of him last year, but at the same time 3 victories against poor teams isn't worthy of a knighthood either.

I think he will do well, but I might well be wrong.

Sure, the 3 wins does not say much about how the season as a whole will go, but it sertainly shows how far we have come in a short space of time, last season we had big problems with exactly these sort of fixtures, especially away. But to name a few we did loose to brighton, got a draw against blackburn in injurytime away lost against relegated middlesbrough away etc. The fact that we already have won as many away games as in the whole of last season speaks volumes as well.

Mark Hughes has done very well in management wherever he's been and helped the clubs to punch above their weight, though this is the first time he has been given the responsibility of a truly big club. Having said that Wales as a nation attracted on average 70,000 fans to back him at the millenium stadium during his tenure.

The expectation the incredible financial support has created is very high and will mean the football world expect to see Man City finish in the top 4, which is certainly progressive since his arrival and the next step before winning a major trophy. Mark Hughes has only achieved this as a player though not yet in management. This is the best chance he will ever have to acheive it and am sure he knows it. He has travelled along way since Ruabon and his time as a player at the Nou Camp was not successful.

Am sure with the tradition of football at Man City, fans expect a certain elan and if he is to be truly successful and remembered in Man City folklore as a top manager he will need his side to not only win, but adopt the Man City style.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Braggster said:

I've said this before, the results against the top four do not make or break a season. It's the ones below you that you need to beat consistently. Anything against them is a bonus.

What a win against top 4 opponents can give is confidence, that the team know that they can beat the top teams, wich will bee good for the team morale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.