Is Mourihno a Sore Loser?

blueplan

The perception one gets is that Mourihno is a sore loser and an ungracious winner.
His constant mourhning when his team loses. When it should be his abject tactics or team selection that is to be blamed. Last night he fielded a stable of thoroughbreds but yoked them like a team of ploughhorses.
The textbook case of crisis management is that the Boss should accept the blame for the decisive loss. Blaming the officials and spouting conspiracy is an indication that he is a sore loser. Is RM a minnow club in the overall scheme of things?

He forgets that Inter won last season with some of the LUCKY breaks.
Does he reminds us of someone closer to home, just way over acrosss the road- the Swamp.

Perhaps you can validate or refute? I stand to be corrected.

blueplan said:
The perception one gets is that Mourihno is a sore loser and an ungracious winner.
His constant mourhning when his team loses. When it should be his abject tactics or team selection that is to be blamed. Last night he fielded a stable of thoroughbreds but yoked them like a team of ploughhorses.
The textbook case of crisis management is that the Boss should accept the blame for the decisive loss. Blaming the officials and spouting conspiracy is an indication that he is a sore loser. Is RM a minnow club in the overall scheme of things?

Does he reminds us of someone closer to home, just way over acrosss the road- the Swamp.

He loves winning, so with people who set such high standards for themselves, it's only natural that they're a complete shitehouse when things go against them. However, the very thing that you said made him a sore loser - the blame of officials and...pretty much anybody but himself and his club - can actually count in their favour. You've seen it before countless times with Ferguson. The phrase, I'm sure you've all heard, is 'siege mentality'.

It wasn't your team's fault, and in the interest of keeping your job, it clearly wasn't your fault, so whose fault was it? Everyfuckingbody elses. To us, it may seem petty, disgusting & 'sore', but it does help create an 'us against the world' mentality for the team and their fans, which can spur them on to victory in many cases.

Where Mourinho got it wrong, I believe, is where he said that Barcelona had already qualified for the final, and Madrid weren't going to win the second leg. A manager should never concede defeat before they've finished a two-legged tie, regardless of the score. What effect must that have had on the players? Sure, some of the more passionate ones may take it upon themselves to try and prove him wrong, and perform out of their skins...but the reality is, I believe, that the Madrid players will walk out at the Nou Camp believing that Barcelona have pretty much qualified already.

So, is it being a sore loser? It certainly seems that way, and if Madrid do indeed not reach the final, it will definitely be so. But on the off-chance that the siege mentality pays off; it's fantastic media-management.

Sore Loser of just really competitive is a really fine boundry. I wouldn't ever want our manager to take defeat well.

Of course he is a bad loser, show me a winner that isn't, the thing with mourinho is everything he does and says is for a reason, he will use the negativity to try and galvanise Madrid he will make out that the world is against them, I would not be surprised if Madrid push barca very close next week, (if they can keep 11 on the pitch) but only because he is the coach, I would not be surprised to see Madrid play with a front 3 next week and really have a go, they could end up getting leathered but if they get an early goal you never know

blueplan said:
His constant mourhning when his team loses. When it should be his abject tactics or team selection that is to be blamed. Last night he fielded a stable of thoroughbreds but yoked them like a team of ploughhorses.The textbook case of crisis management is that the Boss should accept the blame for the decisive loss. Blaming the officials and spouting conspiracy is an indication that he is a sore loser. Is RM a minnow club in the overall scheme of things?

With Pepe as the pivotal 'lead' horse, Mourihno flawed plan was found out & thats why the meltdown. He was hoisted by his own petard (i.e. PePetard). Agreed?
Now blaming the officials and spouting conspiracy is an indication that he is a sore loser.
Likewise now given the 'key to the club' by Perez, former supremo Calderon feels & I quote
Mourinho's post-game reaction to defeat was 'inappropriate', and that a club of Madrid's stature should not be in the business of criticising the performance of the officials. Madrid is a big club that has never complained about the referees, the conference seemed shameful.
With respect to not only the match, which can be understood in a tense moment, it seems inappropriate to speak of Unicef and the referees.
The whole subject of lawsuits between Real Madrid and Barcelona is a mistake. We have the best football in the world and this hurts our image.

<a class="postlink" href="http://connect.in.com/jose-mourinho/article-all-spoilt-dropped-ronaldo-is-feeling-the-strain-under-jose-mourinho-1956645-eae13453d3a9341d7712bf4195341bd741a28fae.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://connect.in.com/jose-mourinho/art ... 28fae.html</a>

Question is does City need him? Will he be an asset or a liability?

No one likes to lose. But he brought it on his team with the tactics they played. He is happy to play for a 1 - 0 win. Madrid were at home yet he was happy for them to sit back & hope for a break. This helped to make it an awful game to watch. Wound'nt want him at City, he moves on when he's won something. Like bacon face he believes the world has it in for him. Yet they both get 99% of the decisions their way. He has the nickname "The Special One", a self-proclaimed title. He is vain & horrible, can't stand the man. Can't see the rags ever having him either.

He is sore. But there are "sore-er" managers out there. *cough*Wenger*cough* *cough*Fergiescum*cough*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.