Is our club against capping away prices?

Prestwich_Blue

While we're all getting worked up about today's result and performance the PL summit meeting this week seems to have slipped under the radar.

At that meeting there was a proposal to end categorisation and cap prices of away tickets at £30. This was voted down and I'm ashamed to say it appears our club was one that voted against this. Some clubs in favour may still enter into reciprocral agreements to do this but we'll still be charged top whack wherever we go. I've posted n here about how the greed of clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and the rags tilted the finabcial playing field in their favour but sadly it seems we've decided to throw our lot in with the 'Squeeze every penny out of them' gang.

Well fuck you Soriano.

I would be shocked if they did vote for it #Together.

I did not realise their was a actual vote though, I din't think it made it that far?

While we're all getting worked up about today's result and performance the PL summit meeting this week seems to have slipped under the radar.

At that meeting there was a proposal to end categorisation and cap prices of away tickets at £30. This was voted down and I'm ashamed to say it appears our club was one that voted against this. Some clubs in favour may still enter into reciprocral agreements to do this but we'll still be charged top whack wherever we go. I've posted n here about how the greed of clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and the rags tilted the finabcial playing field in their favour but sadly it seems we've decided to throw our lot in with the 'Squeeze every penny out of them' gang.

Well fuck you Soriano.

What are the most expensive away tickets at the etihad? £70?

So the away section is...4,000?

So £40 difference for 4,000 fans would be £3 million a year tops?

Not insignificant, but then TV revenue is going up by £50m next year.

What are the most expensive away tickets at the etihad? £70?

So the away section is...4,000?

So £40 difference for 4,000 fans would be £3 million a year.

TV revenue is going up by £50m next year.

They probably average £45 and there are 3000 maximum but probably more like an average of 2000

19 x 2000 x £45.....£1.7m
19 x 2000 x £30.....£1.1m

£600,000.

Shock horror...did people actually think the club cared about us fans. I await the token gesture of a freeze in prices this summer before hiking it up in 2017.

Wasn't even aware it got to the point where there was to be a vote. Why was this not publicised more? Where's the proof of City voting against it? A complete farce if true and makes a mockery of all the things the chairman and co. continuously say about the fans being important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.