Is our cycle of dominance coming to an end?

Have I missed something or have we clearly made another massive error in the transfer market allowing Jack Harrison to go back on loan to Leeds this season? He is a left footed left winger which we don’t have after selling Sane, was their best player last season and has just smashed one in against Liverpool which is obviously great but why the hell have we not kept him here after letting Sane go?!? And we still haven’t replaced and don’t look like we’re going to replace Kompany

Ferran Torres ?

Right, I’m gona walk you through this as you are having difficulty understanding what this thread is.

This is a thread about opinions on if our cycle of dominance maybe coming to an end.. I told you to remember that and you didn’t.

So when discussing it, it’s my opinion that we missed the boat in becoming completely dominate and playing to a very high standard where we are feared and regarded as the best in Europe.

I expressed my view that we could have been that good, but off field decisions have stopped that progress and now we are just a good team (which is still great by me).

You now keep replying like some daft happy clapper, making out I’m not happy because we aren’t the worlds best, when all I did was give examples of why we aren’t as good as we could maybe have been.

So, to slow things down so you understand, I’m not ‘going on’ about us being less dominant, I’m giving my opinion. 1 post!

Being shit or on top of the world is all the same to me and, if your username is anything to go by, I’ve been going just as long as you.
So get off your high horse making out you’re some die hard just because I dared give examples of why we aren’t the worlds best and how we might not be dominate much longer....

Anyway, maybe we will, who knows.

I’m quite aware what this topic is about. And it produces the kind of fans we are seeing nowadays to react like spoiled brats.
Apparently you are not. Good for you mate.

But tbf I re-read your post and it smacks of someone who is simply never happy. Rodri the prime example. The guy just has gone through his first season. Did pretty well IMO. Or better than most who join the PL from a abroad

Last edited:
There's plenty of positives here,
Ederson/steffan let the battle commence. 2 great keepers who will push each other.
Laporte world class still not at his peak.
Ake is a solid addition incase Lapworth goes down.
Cancelo looks to be getting chances now.
Thb future captain for City & England (my opinion)
Kdb in his prime and best mid in the world.
Foden worlds his oyster sit back enjoy the ride.
Rodri had a season to settle in, let's see his true potential.
Sterling improves year after year
Ferran kids dynamite
Jesus for me only haaland & mbappe are ahead of him in his age group.
Braaf, doyle, delap, mcatee, etc coming along nicely.
We have incredible top brass, we have a shit load of ambition.
We have the money to match our ambition.

Negatives
We need a leader
Lb & rb needs attention Kyle will still manage 1/2 seasons. Mendy hasn't recovered (yet)
Rcb needs addressing
Aguero is coming to an end
D. Silva has gone.
Players we don't need on the books gundo, zinchenko, nico, maybe mahrez. (If we could shift these it opens up transfer possibilities, ie new midfielder)

Let's face it we are in a strong position. Probably 1/2 players from dominating again and in Europe. We're good.

I apologise for putting the damper on this thread but I've read every column inch of the RDAHMeedya since The Good Sheikh bought a slice of Beswick and our period of domination never started. There's nowt written on those stout pages of the nation's impartial press. A recent email to Dan Roan contained but the following reply: £9m Uefa fine! So there we have it - the goals, the points, the scintillating football was just candy floss on a stick.

The new season shaping up to be a tight contest. A number of teams looking stronger and capable of beating anyone else.

I’m quite aware what this topic is about. And it produces the kind of fans we are seeing nowadays to react like spoiled brats.
Apparently you are not. Good for you mate.

But tbf I re-read your post and it smacks of someone who is simply never happy. Rodri the prime example. The guy just has gone through his first season. Did pretty well IMO. Or better than most who join the PL from a abroad

Haha fair enough. I’m a realist, you’re a happy clapper. No point in sending anymore back and forths. We’re just different types of blues.

I apologise for putting the damper on this thread but I've read every column inch of the RDAHMeedya since The Good Sheikh bought a slice of Beswick and our period of domination never started. There's nowt written on those stout pages of the nation's impartial press. A recent email to Dan Roan contained but the following reply: £9m Uefa fine! So there we have it - the goals, the points, the scintillating football was just candy floss on a stick.
Sod them all Dave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.