Is our cycle of dominance coming to an end?

Of course it isn’t. We have a great squad, a great manager, a great set of senior execs, a great academy and, most important of all, lots of money. We are the envy of the whole league, including our current rivals Liverpool.
We do not have a great squad. We have a very unbalanced squad. See Lyon where the manager was so frightened that Lyon would expose our defence he changed his midfield.

No, I expect us to dominate for another 20 years at least. Our business model is excellent and whilst last season wasn't great, you can easily see where we failed and how to put it right.

We do not have a great squad. We have a very unbalanced squad. See Lyon where the manager was so frightened that Lyon would expose our defence he changed his midfield.

We're already on our way to fully addressing last seasons problems. We have acquired a fast winger to push teams back and an CB with pace.

Lyon was a one off.

How many "one offs" fail to secure a place in the Semi Finals of the Champions League?

We're already on our way to fully addressing last seasons problems. We have acquired a fast winger to push teams back and an CB with pace.

Lyon was a one off.
Lyon was not a one off. See Arsenal a few days beforehand. City dominated teams but if we failed to score first and the opposition counter-attacked that was it.

The defence was broken last season. Ake goes part way to fixing it but I'd have lined City to go for broke and made sure the job was done.

I think people often look back at old signings and remember them as more 'world class' than they were considered at the time, because with the benefit of hindsight, we know how good they became.

Toure and Silva are seen as the catalyst, for example, but let's not forget that one was more of a squad player at Barcelona often playing out of position (he played 14 extra games when he joined us) and the other was a highly rated creative midfielder, but not proven world class.

The press laughed at City for signing Yaya and Silva and not getting "big" players like Torres.

The point is, I don't think City or any English side are aiming for "world class" superstars at their peak, because ultimately they'll be going Barca or Madrid (or possibly Munich or PSG). Our aim is to sign players who can potentially become world class, and crucially, and it is crucially, keep them here till the end of their careers (or as good as). Apart from Sane, we've not let a single player get away. One of the key differences between this Liverpool side and Liverpool sides from a few years ago is they're not being raided for their best players.

The press laughed at City for signing Yaya and Silva and not getting "big" players like Torres.

The point is, I don't think City or any English side are aiming for "world class" superstars at their peak, because ultimately they'll be going Barca or Madrid (or possibly Munich or PSG). Our aim is to sign players who can potentially become world class, and crucially, and it is crucially, keep them here till the end of their careers (or as good as). Apart from Sane, we've not let a single player get away. One of the key differences between this Liverpool side and Liverpool sides from a few years ago is they're not being raided for their best players.
We know City did the business in the past. This topic recognises that a group of players have reached the end of their careers. Are they going to be replaced?

There isn't a City way. You either use the Academy or the transfer market.

Face facts. City were well beaten last season. I think many blues expected City to hit back hard this Summer. That was really what we were led to believe. So far the transfer window has been a damp squib and a wild goose chase.

Lyon was not a one off. See Arsenal a few days beforehand. City dominated teams but if we failed to score first and the opposition counter-attacked that was it.

The defence was broken last season. Ake goes part way to fixing it but I'd have lined City to go for broke and made sure the job was done.

It was a one off when discussing formations and positions. Which was more to with Pep overthinking.

Had we have played our normal style we'd have Lyon, saying that, Lyon had put their chances away against Bayern they'd have beaten Bayern.

Last season was about counter attacks, two fast wingers will help to alleviate that, Torres and Sterling. Added pace to the CB with Ake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.