Is our squad stronger or weaker than last year?

What do you think?

• Total voters

Mifred

Given our transfers in and out, are we stronger?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stronger, in my opinion barring a disaster and not getting in a high level left back.

We’ve got stronger options in attack, depth out wide, the midfield is class (and Kalvin should be a strong replacement for an ageing Dinho).

We’ve got Palmer and potentially McAtee/Delap on the fringes and getting more experience due to the 5 subs.

A back up keeper I’m looking forward to seeing in the cups, 4 great centre half options, two excellent full backs, like I say get one left footed full back and we’ll be laughing.

I’m really looking forward to seeing this team develop.

The elephant in the room is the LB question. Until we resolve that, I would say we are, at best, the same. The back up keeper is a plus, definitely. As is Phillips replacing Fern, who's legs had gone at this stage. Forwards? Well; losing the PL experience of Sterling and Jesus can't be underestimated. Yes, we've got Haaland, who just about every big club in the world would want in their team. And the little I've seen of Alvarez excites me. But they're both unproven in the PL. But it's the LB issue that's a concern. Losing Zinchenko without securing a top notch replacement (though I obviously don't know what's going on behind the scenes) is a mistake.

It may take some time for the team to initially gel but once they do, and assuming no injuries, then I think the team will be stronger.

An injury to Haaland could really hurt us though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.