Is our squad stronger or weaker than last year?

What do you think?

• Total voters
Personally I think Haaland and Alvarez are better footballers technically than Sterling and Jesus so an upgrade but whether as effective in City's system we'll have to wait and see. Pep likes Phillips a lot so happy with him. Just need another LB and we'll be right. Hope Palmer gets more game time as Bernardo might go.
Palmer is a decent player but nowhere near bernados levels, not many players are, if he goes I think we need to buy

It’s the players we’ve let go that’s the issue, especially Gabby
I know, I just meant fans are over-reaction. Both from people who were overconfident before we get Haaland, as well as who are over-pessimistic after some players leave.

We're much stronger this year than last. World class striker and backup; option to deploy a destroyer at mid. Far better backup at goalie. The only piece missing is a defensive left back and we're working on that.

we won’t know until the transfer window closes but left back and centre half positions are worrying and if Bernardo goes we will be weaker, a few injuries and I can see Pep sacking all competitions off barring Leargue and CL
Part of me is hoping we throw those two minor trophies this year. Maybe the Carabao we could do but FA Cup is always in the way of the CL. Scheduling is even more difficult this year, and let's be honest PL and CL are the only two that matter financially to the club and that really matter to us fans. Really think we could do the double if we were to get more rest into our squad. We have the best team in the world.

Part of me is hoping we throw those two minor trophies this year. Maybe the Carabao we could do but FA Cup is always in the way of the CL. Scheduling is even more difficult this year, and let's be honest PL and CL are the only two that matter financially to the club and that really matter to us fans. Really think we could do the double if we were to get more rest into our squad. We have the best team in the world.
I sort of agree but any piece of silver I want to win tend to agree that the Carabao is probably the best one to win in terms of fixture congestion

I think Haaland can be the spring you need to make the machine go like a bastard. I really do. So obviously having this young guy in the team makes you better. I wish we had your “problems”, but, we don’t. So I will continue to abuse alcohol and any drug within a strict price spectrum, to compensate my resignation and simultaneous defiance, in the face of reality.

All our players are quality but the squad's too small.

Need a new full-back, and a new midfielder (or if we want to move Foden/Grealish central, new winger/s) - plus a Bernardo replacement if he leaves.

Also need to give Palmer more minutes and push forward the integration of the likes of JWE and Mbete if they're believed to be good enough.

The squad was small last year too. We've covered a couple of problem areas (striker, CDM) but through sales have made one worse (full-back) and caused another (winger). And while KDB and Gundo are fantastic (see yesterday) they're both over 30 and increasingly at risk of injury and fatigue (see last season) so even if Bernardo stays we still need other options in the middle, and if we sell him that becomes an urgent concern.

If everyone's available we have a cracking starting 11 and a bench that can make a real difference. But we're a couple of injuries or suspensions away from real problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.