Is passion being stripped out of the game?

I've got a feeling that post Pep our support will dwindle as people will be exhausted by the new rules and spoilt by our current excellent standards. I suspect we are burning brightly before an almighty fall and this time it will be near fatal.

The new experience of the game will be bourn without too much pain by those with less expectations and those who profit by them anyway.

Or not. The future is funny.

Last edited:
Yes. I was for VAR but I find myself not celebrating now to they kick off again and by the time that happens the moment has gone and I just clap.

I was the same for Sterling’s goal.
Until Spurs kicked off again, I wasn’t sure, but by then the moment has gone ffs!

The problem isn't so much VAR, but the application of it. More specifically, the lack of consistency in how it is applied per game.

We've been fucked over this season and last already, genuinely now feels like any and all means to stop city winning the league again. Can't help but feel that if spurs scored that last goal, then no way is there a VAR review.

Know I sound paranoid, but that's where we are. We seem to face a VAR review for every phase of play leading up to a goal for us. It's shite to experience as a fan, and yesterday's example was just purely unfair and against the spirit of the game. But hey, it stopped city winning.

I've got a feeling that post Pep our support will dwindle as people will be exhausted by the new rules and spoilt by our current excellent standards. I suspect we are burning brightly before an almighty fall and this time it will be near fatal.

The new experience of the game will be bourn without too much pain by those with less expectations and those who profit by them anyway.

Or not. The future is funny.
'An almighty fall that will be near fatal'.....what??? Are you for real or not a blue?

The totally unfair part is it not being in use at the Rags and Dippers home matches because they don’t have a big screen. The Premier league and other clubs should insist and indeed at present refuse to use it. Let’s be honest neither of our disallowed goals or Wolves, would be ruled out at there grounds, they have an unfair advantage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.