Is passion being stripped out of the game?

The totally unfair part is it not being in use at the Rags and Dippers home matches because they don’t have a big screen. The Premier league and other clubs should insist and indeed at present refuse to use it. Let’s be honest neither of our disallowed goals or Wolves, would be ruled out at there grounds, they have an unfair advantage.
It's being used you just can't see it.

VAR in itself isnt against the spirit of the game. All it does is correct / highlight incorrect on field ref decisions. That said is still hate it and there are 2 reasons why.

1. Its clear that VAR isnt being used consistently across all games. What is a pen in one game, Isnt a pen in another. The same with handball.

2. Not necessarily a VAR thing but the changes to the laws of the game, are not in the spirit of the game. Namely handball. These laws are being made up by idiots who have never played the game. That in it self is enough to get the back up of any normal fan who already think these people are corrupt. But to add to that which irks genuine fans are the little Hitlers in black or red on the field who hide behind them in such a smug fashion without having to explain themselves. Then there are the retired Hitlers in the media who act just as smugly when explaining their speechless on field colleagues decisions...... Back to my point, this handball law change does not offer any benefit to the game as a spectacle, its fans, players or coaches. Therefore it is against the spirit of the game. To be honest I can see it being changed for next season, if not before such is the strength of feeling about it. Once it happens in a Dipper or Rags game where they lose out because of it, that's when we will see a prolonged and sustained campaign to get this law reversed. Ally Mann explained this spirt of the game speech far more eloquently than me after the game in City square yesterday

The powers that be are playing with fire.

They keep this no common sense approach to football up with certain elements of VAR and fans will stop going which = ££££ will stop.

Something changed within me yesterday. I could not fully enjoy any goal and the disallowed goal was a shambles. Feels like a new game is being created around us.

The rule of handball is total bollox! If the defender hit it accidentally then nothing would be given! Explain that crazy rule.

It could be as soon as next season ticket sales fall especially for mid table & relegation teams as they will suffer more.

'An almighty fall that will be near fatal'.....what??? Are you for real or not a blue?
I’m a City fan for 30 years or so but we’ve never had it so good and my fear is that we’ll find it so tough after the good times that we’ll really struggle. Hope not obviously but the way the officiating is changing seems to only make matters worse.

But most importantly we should enjoy the now despite the new shit laws and shit media and shit stirring.

I’m a City fan for 30 years or so but we’ve never had it so good and my fear is that we’ll find it so tough after the good times that we’ll really struggle. Hope not obviously but the way the officiating is changing seems to only make matters worse.

But most importantly we should enjoy the now despite the new shit laws and shit media and shit stirring.

Yes I get the point you are making but to say it could be near fatal was a bit shocking. City fans have stood together and backed our team when we were really shite. Remember we had 25,000 attending when we were in the old division 2. Remember the Alan Ball football OMG but we carried on going. Maybe our new younger generation of fans who have never remembered those times and only seen us victorious may find it a tough watch if we stop winning trophies. It's also sad and utterly depressing to read that some long standing blues are thinking about stopping going because of VAR. Fortunately there will always be plenty of City fans who are too emotionally invested to keep going to the match to support the team they love. CTID.

Yes I get the point you are making but to say it could be near fatal was a bit shocking. City fans have stood together and backed our team when we were really shite. Remember we had 25,000 attending when we were in the old division 2. Remember the Alan Ball football OMG but we carried on going. Maybe our new younger generation of fans who have never remembered those times and only seen us victorious may find it a tough watch if we stop winning trophies. It's also sad and utterly depressing to read that some long standing blues are thinking about stopping going because of VAR. Fortunately there will always be plenty of City fans who are too emotionally invested to keep going to the match to support the team they love. CTID.
Saying the word fatal is too extreme probably. Maybe we’ll find the strength or better still we won’t be tested at all because we’ll continue to succeed after Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.