Is posting on forums 'sad'

It’s not sad. You learn a lot on Blue Moon. Some really intelligent, interesting and humorous posters. I like it.
I’ve made numerous friends via this forum, some of whom I’d say are now lifelong mates. There are many more who I’ve never met but whose views and opinions I value greatly. People sometimes scoff about forums, but it’s no different really to other forms of social media. It’s just how many people interact in the modern age.

I’ve made numerous friends via this forum, some of whom I’d say are now lifelong mates. There are many more who I’ve never met but whose views and opinions I value greatly. People sometimes scoff about forums, but it’s no different really to other forms of social media. It’s just how many people interact in the modern age.
Yeah but this is better than Facebook and Twitter. We all like each other on here :-).

Yeah but this is better than Facebook and Twitter. We all like each other on here :-).
Ha! I guess on other forms of social media you get to choose who you follow, so you’re perhaps more likely to live within an echo chamber there. Whereas on forums people are just lumped together regardless of background, beliefs, or whatever. On balance that’s a good thing, I think, as you’re more likely to get your views challenged.

This is social media and what I like about it is that it's IMO a lot more personal than the other forms of social media, we have a common cause and a mutual interest, now that can't be good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.