Is pre-season off?

If we get to the final we start three weeks behind the others,not ideal but it is what it is
I’d say everyone would be weeks behind us (apart from maybe United and Wolves if they go all the way in the EL).

Exhibition games are alright for getting the muscles moving and the heart rate up, but they aren’t that good for fitness, nothing like the real thing. And our training will be geared towards playing proper games, where everyone else will be playing catch-up from a few more weeks being idle (as in, not playing football games) than us.

Let’s hope we can go all the way in the CL. If we do, it’ll be the best pre-season we will ever have.

Thank fuck we won’t have the usual pre-season world tours where you couldn’t think up a worse few months of preparation for sportsmen to be ready for a season if you tried.

They spend more time on planes than they do training for the season ahead, playing on horrendous pitches like baseball pitches or AstroTurf in the USA or shit pitches that cut-up in China or Japan, sleeping in different time zones, travelling back-and-forth around the world jet lagged... none of it is for the players preparation, it’s just for the money the tour brings in and the potential for new sponsors... the players’ prep for the season isn’t even thought about.

Pre-season is usually a fucking joke and I always pay it all the attention it deserves - absolutely none!

Whereas, this Summer, if we can go all the way in the CL, our players will never be in better shape to start a season.

Saying all that, next season will be interrupted by another lockdown, maybe more than one lockdown, until we get a vaccine. Second, and maybe third, wave(s) will come. So they’ll get plenty of time off at some point again.

I suppose the players and staff will say they haven't had a proper break, i don't think being stuck in the house really counts. But i'm sure they understand it's the same for every other fucker in the world even though a lot of players have obviously gone on holidays now since the season ended. We are where we are, and i think there's a winter break (?) so they may get some down time a bit later. If they want to get back to the top there will need to be some sacrifices made, we were too far off last season.

Have we not got a pre-season game then? i checked the fixtures and seen nothing.
Not unless there's something behind closed doors. We only finished the season a month ago so I don't think there's a big issue. Sharpness maybe. There's also no Pep either. I think he must be due to return any day.

One pre-season workout would probably be useful but these are 'weird' times.

Have we not got a pre-season game then? i checked the fixtures and seen nothing.
I do not know about you but i really missed the preseason, all those youngsters with the odd bit of experience trying to impress the manager, slowly getting whittled down to the ones with a chance of making the squad, the experienced players slowly getting involved regaining match fitness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.