Is some food time specific?

Food is food, we're not designed to need certain types depending on where the sun is in the sky.

Saying that though, eating a big dinner first thing in the morning would leave most of us semi comatose for most of the day.
I think we are sort of “designed” (have evolved) to eat depending on where the Sun is in the sky. If you look at hunter gatherer populations, they usually just nuts, berries and cuts dried or smoked meat that they can during the day when they’re out hunting and then eat their kill at night when they have a big feast.

We will have done that for 2 million years and only changed it in the last 12000 years since farming came in.

Was always wondering as in a sat always have some bacon and egg muffins nee barms around half 12, yet in the week in work I would only ever have before 10am.

The other week I had a massive dinner so just had some cornflakes for tea, I have also had stir-frys for breakfast before and fried chicken also.

Noe I mentioned that once and was called a wrong un for eating main meals at breakfast, though the cereal at night seemed acceptable.

So are aome foods a time specific no no or does it not matter?

I wouldn't touch potatoes that had been dug up in 1897, not at any time of the day.

A lad I went to school with had egg and chips for breakfast, he was a member of the British junior judo team and was a bit of a unit for a 15 year old, there was always something a bit odd knocking for him at 8am smelling chips I could never get my head round it.
Now I know that in many cultures and countries they eat all sorts of foods for breakfast and they appear healthier for it. I don't know if it's the cereal culture that changed us but didn't we always have a cooked breakfast described as the most important meal of the day?
Yes.

Cereal isn’t particularly a good thing to eat when first getting up. It’s low in protein and if you don’t eat protein rich food until dinner time or even tea time you’re having long periods of every day where your muscles aren’t getting protein replenishment. And it’s also lower in vitamins than other types of breakfast.

A good cooked breakfast is good for you. Bacon, black pudding and eggs give you that protein you miss out in with a bowl of cereal. Mushrooms, tomatoes and beans give you those vitamins and minerals.

Away from a proper cooked breakfast, a personal favourite of mine is a banana, Nutella and peanut butter toastie.

Not food but drink. I can only drink coffee before 12 mid day and tea after 12. Never the other way round.

Findus Crispy Pancakes are 1970-1979 does that count? If so I'm onto a winner with chicken in a basket, fondue and Knorr Paella in a box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.