Is the defence more composed with Willy?

De Gea's first season was a disaster and a lot worse than Bravo's currently is, even Courtois had a few shockers his first year.
True. But both of these were relative kids in their first seasons. Bravo is 33 years old and a seasoned international, so I'm not expecting any major improvement at this stage of his career.

I started this thread to stimulate discussion on the reversal of our form in the past weeks.
So far I have been pleasantly surprised to see that replies have not degenerated into an assassination of any player, that was never my intention, so thanks for that.
And I have a better understanding of our improved form from the posts.
Just hope that we don't get derailed by that clown who has been appointed as ref for our next match.
Losing Jesus is bad enough, don't want anyone else rubbed out by stupid red cards.

You see willy shouting/talking to the defense all game, also he commands his area better, always thought he was a decent keeper (if honest distribution wise was better than hart) and with game time be solid for us, also he's always positive in media

Nice to see our 'keeper actually making a save or two the other night. Cab is clearly a better shotstopper than Bravo, hopefully Pep now realises that and sticks with him. And I didn't notice any great deterioration in our distribution out from our penalty area the other night either.

If Pep had been less dogmatic/insistent in playing Bravo AND Taylor and his like hah had more competence, that league table would very very different and pleasing

If Pep had been less dogmatic/insistent in playing Bravo AND Taylor and his like hah had more competence, that league table would very very different and pleasing
Bravo is a very experienced international goalkeeper, and if Pep thinks he's competent he probably is. He will get another chance and be better. The great thing is we have two seasoned professionals fighting for the position and a decent young back up in Gunn.

Bravo is a very experienced international goalkeeper, and if Pep thinks he's competent he probably is. He will get another chance and be better. The great thing is we have two seasoned professionals fighting for the position and a decent young back up in Gunn.
I agree. Willy is lucky to come into a team that has done well. I don't see it as Willy shoring the team up and making a difference, but of Willy playing behind a team that hasn't been cut open like it was when Bravo was in goal. I wouldn't change it though while it is working.

You can hear willy all game. That's the big one for me. Dominates the area with his instructions. Gives the defence more confidence for sure. And really impressed with his distribution too. Confident playing short but sucks the players in and can play neat little chips to the midfield.

I'm not a bravo hater, far from it, and if Pep thinks he can come good then that's good news for us. Everything he did wrong was hugely highlighted by the media, and he gave them a lot of ammo, but they love a good stick to beat us with.

I agree. Willy is lucky to come into a team that has done well. I don't see it as Willy shoring the team up and making a difference, but of Willy playing behind a team that hasn't been cut open like it was when Bravo was in goal. I wouldn't change it though while it is working.
And, let's be honest, weaker opposition.

Can see the tabloid headlines now;

City defence find bollocks next to Willy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.