Is the defence more composed with Willy?

Bravo is a very experienced international goalkeeper, and if Pep thinks he's competent he probably is. He will get another chance and be better. The great thing is we have two seasoned professionals fighting for the position and a decent young back up in Gunn.
I don't care if we have Donald Duck in there as long as the clean sheets contiue.

.....and Stones!
The rest of us the guys (possibly bar otter) all speak pretty good ingles no?!

Probably although I've no idea what Dinho's English is like. They should all (Bravo included) have mastered the very basic commands needed for football at this stage though.

Probably although I've no idea what Dinho's English is like. They should all (Bravo included) have mastered the very basic commands needed for football at this stage though.
Dinho' English is pretty sound.
Seen him interviewed plenty of times.

Dinho' English is pretty sound.
Seen him interviewed plenty of times.
Last time I saw him interviewed it was in Portuguese, very rarely bother sticking round for post match interviews etc any more - anything good generally ends up on here.

Dinho was almost fluent within a couple of months,it was amazing and shows how motivated he was when he arrived

I am sorry I have tried to like Bravo, to have faith in him but in my opinion he has been an unmitigated disaster and unless he gets back in and has a huge upturn in form, he will go down as one of the worst keepers we have ever had.

Its quite simple really, Claudio isnt very good at stopping one-on-one chances and running shots from a player who has a defender along side him. This type of chance is the most frequent we give away. Claudio doesn't move off his line quickly enough to narrow the angles or make himself big to make any goal attempt more difficult.
Willy made two such saves against Bournemouth that Claudio would probably have let in.
Finally Pep realised the mess we were in and dropped Claudio. We have looked so much better since and a keeper who saves things makes the defence less nervous and less likely to be scared about going forward to help our attacking play. Shame Pep didn't do it earlier.
Claudio shouldn't start again for us.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.