Is the defence more composed with Willy?

I have seen your post and you have a point, but I still think Willy is a better keeper than Bravo and the defence is more composed with him in net. Also as Karen has said Willy is pulling off vital saves at key times which Bravo never looked like doing. As he is part of that defence then it looks more secure and composed with him in net.

You and I will disagree on who is the better keeper. Based on their careers, I think only City fans in all of world football would agree with you. That said, I think both are fine keepers who have different strengths.

Either I have a point or I don't. If you think I do, then it is impossible to say that the change came from Willy.

I am arguing that the change we are seeing in conceding goals is because our front six are playing the way Pep wants them to play. This occurred over the past 5 games or so. Yaya has a lot to do with it (as much as I dislike him personally). Sane has a whole lot to do with it. Jesus has a lot to do with it. And if Aguero continues to play like he did Monday, he will have a lot to do with it going forward. Nobody here is arguing that the amazing football our midfield or forwards have played since the FA Cup is because of Willy. If you agree that something else is involved in that change, AND you agree with my point that Pep's defense starts with the Striker (which you say you do and Pep himself has also said), I don't see how you can logically say that fewer goals are down to Willy.

The defense isn't playing better. The entire team is. If you put any of our senior keepers in the net during the first half of the season (Joe, Willy, or Bravo) I believe they all would have been a victim of the team's inability to press from the front. We saw Willy give up a classic "Bravo type goal" against Swansea. We saw another on Monday that was called back (rightly)--that said, that goal would have stood 8 times out of 10. These are goals that are almost impossible to stop.

People were saying similar about Caballero for most of the last 2 seasons on here, in fact it seemed like 90% of the board wanted Pellegrini sacked immediately after the League Cup final this year for playing him ahead of Hart (despite Caballero playing in every round prior). Bravo has shown pre-City he's an excellent keeper, give him time.
I agree.
You don't get to captain the the South American champions if you are a poor keeper.
He is an excellent keeper but playing in a system that's completely foreign to him.
Guardiola will not cast him aside without giving him time to settle and trying him again. Pep is a proud man and will be desperate for this signing to work especially having cast aside a City favourite.

To be fair, Willy has been good since he's come in to the side. The last time he was truly horrendous was probably against Chelsea in the cup. Since then he's been ok. We look more composed at the back and he communicates well. The biggest plus is that he has made saves in key moments of games. That's something we have lacked with Bravo. Even when they aren't highly impressive camera saves, they are still saves that have kept us either level or in the lead. An example would be the save against Bournemouth where their striker tried to take it round him. I honestly think Bravo would have stayed on his line and then just sat down. Willy was out quickly, spreading his body. Makes the world of difference. There's been a good few Chelsea games where Curtouis has made saves at 0-0 or 1-0 and some of them look fairly routine (because of how long he his) yet would be very difficult saves for Bravo to make (because of his lack of size). Having a keeper who can make those saves is way more important than having one who can supposedly distribute the ball well (seen little evidence to suggest Bravo can do this as well).

We're at our best with Willy in nets who the defence clearly trusts more and Kolarov at centre half who has been our best CH this season.

You and I will disagree on who is the better keeper. Based on their careers, I think only City fans in all of world football would agree with you. That said, I think both are fine keepers who have different strengths.

Either I have a point or I don't. If you think I do, then it is impossible to say that the change came from Willy.

I am arguing that the change we are seeing in conceding goals is because our front six are playing the way Pep wants them to play. This occurred over the past 5 games or so. Yaya has a lot to do with it (as much as I dislike him personally). Sane has a whole lot to do with it. Jesus has a lot to do with it. And if Aguero continues to play like he did Monday, he will have a lot to do with it going forward. Nobody here is arguing that the amazing football our midfield or forwards have played since the FA Cup is because of Willy. If you agree that something else is involved in that change, AND you agree with my point that Pep's defense starts with the Striker (which you say you do and Pep himself has also said), I don't see how you can logically say that fewer goals are down to Willy.

The defense isn't playing better. The entire team is. If you put any of our senior keepers in the net during the first half of the season (Joe, Willy, or Bravo) I believe they all would have been a victim of the team's inability to press from the front. We saw Willy give up a classic "Bravo type goal" against Swansea. We saw another on Monday that was called back (rightly)--that said, that goal would have stood 8 times out of 10. These are goals that are almost impossible to stop.
probably the most desperate post I've seen on the topic.

the front 3 or 6 have fuck all to do with a keeper who when the ball comes anywhere near him does his level best to avoid it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.