Is the England national team good or bad for City players?

It gives them the opportunity to find form but more often than now it is more so an opportunity to lose form because of how the team plays.

Stones will be fine. Made an error yes but the fact is, at City he has an option in that position. Pope is shite with the ball so he couldn't go to him. Walker was marked and our DMs were nowhere to be seen. So he had to take a touch.

He would do the same for City but have an option on the ball. It is a mistake due to a lack of options which he doesn't face at City. He could have gone back to Ederson who would have then found another blue shirt and we would have played out of it.

He needs to learn that at England he just needs to clear it because we don't have the players to play out from the back. Gareth wants us to but we can't do it without a better keeper.

He got the assist and we won the game. He should be feeling damn good about himself for showing that character.
I agree with all that except that his first touch was bad so he wasn’t entirely blameless. He knocked it too far away from himself and had to rush so all of his, admittedly reduced, options vanished.

It would help if England actually had a manager that deserved such a talented group.

I feel they get left out to dry, especially non united or Liverpool players.

It's a bit like buying a lambo and hiring Mr Bean as your driver.

My guess would be that in a Pep side Pope would never get a game again. The pass to Stones was so fucking awful the receiving player (Stones) had to turn around and play the ball facing his own goal, the keeper didn't watch Stones' back and demand the ball straight back leaving John to make the poor control touch and despite initially looking like he had time the opponent was on him and dispossessed him and scored. Both equally at fault for the goal however I suspect the press pack will have a different agenda despite Johns great intervention for the winner at the other end.
Bottom line is if we want to adopt a play out from the back role there will be occasional mistakes and turning over the ball in your own final third usually has poor outcomes. Its a group game we won 3 Points and now have a 5 point cushion from Poland and are out front in a Group we could potentially win every game. Whats not to like.

The media all seem like they’d prefer to see a stuttering or losing England team and players than a winning one

I don’t think it’s that deep tbh. Stones has done plenty of mistakes like that it’s on him. He’s had a brilliant season and he’ll bounce back but I think there’s always gonna be a mistake in him despite his form

With the media pressures, the England NT is not good for any player, not just City players.

It would help if England actually had a manager that deserved such a talented group.

I feel they get left out to dry, especially non united or Liverpool players.

It's a bit like buying a lambo and hiring Mr Bean as your driver.
Unfortunately, the nation isn't rife with the most talented English coaches, and I think they are reluctant to go for foreign hires since what happened with Capello.

I believe this is one of the most talented crops of English players. Foden, Grealish, Sterling, Kane, Mount, Stones, Rice, and many others. Southgate must not let these go to waste.

At least they appreciate Pep & his coaches more when they return from the waistcoat's tactical masterclass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.