Is the game bent?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by SouthStandStander, 18 Aug 2019.

1. trotsky

trotsky

The club need to ask very clearly why there was no review of the obvious penalty and ask the referee to explain why he gave a free kick to Spurs when Bernardo was fouled. Pep should highlight this at his next presser - if we have not received an answer from the authorities then he should refuse to answer any questions too. That would put the debate in the media and we could watch the referees' controlling body squirm with embarrassment as I can not see what possible answer they could give that would not point to gross incompetence or, as some of us fear, blatant cheating.

hertsblue and BrianW like this.
  2. bobom

bobom

I'm my experience of when things going wrong in life generally, it's nearly always a cock-up, not a conspiracy.

3. Bluekiwi

Bluekiwi

Of course it isn't bent - ask anyone from Liverpool or London (rags)

4. Bluekiwi

Bluekiwi

What are Scott's referring credentials?

5. Bluekiwi

Bluekiwi

As Pep quipped, the VAR bloke was away getting a coffee when that happened.

ctid1894, Newquayblue and sam 1980 like this.
  6. Bluekiwi

Bluekiwi

Thats when someone from the club goes Public about the corruption in the systems

7. catalyst

catalyst

The lawmakers are problematic, and the standard of refereeing is still quite shambolic in Prem, because VAR referral goes to one of the usual clowns who are not reffing the game for once to make a decision sitting far away. It obviously is hasty, and has to be quick and they clearly don't follow the rule book to quite the mark.

8. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

I genuinely don’t know. They could be, or they could have a psychological problem that unconsciously has them favour certain teams over others, or they could be stupefyingly incompetent. Whatever it is though it needs fixed pronto. I watched the highlights of the other games and there was a disallowed goal for Bournemouth that would have had us seething. There were a couple of penalty shouts turned down that looked like they should have been given. I do know the rules need to be changed to make Var more transparent. That is the key thing match going fans should be demanding. And while I am at it, why does the pitch side monitor no longer get used by the ref in making the correct decision?

9. give it to gordon

give it to gordon

Yes 100% bent

For years the scum had fergie time , soft pens and that Dutch bloke with the long face nearly every goal he scored was off-side. I cant spell his name !! Van nistelrooy!!

Nowadays the powers that be dont try to hide its bent as I cant think of any other reason why that wrestling move wasnt a pen. It was a clear pen ex-players, the press, even Sky and the BBC say it was a pen. But some invisible person says it wasnt.

Sad ti say but I have thought the game has been bent for decades

BrianW and LWashington like this.
  10. SWPISHOME

SWPISHOME

Rodri penalty v Spurs
    Jesus goal v Spurs
    Sterling goal v West Ham
    Llorente goal in the Champions League
    Two pens to Shalke in the Champions League (The night VAR supposedly broke)
    The keeper taking out Leroy (Think it was Hoffenheim away)
    Penalty against Monaco not given
    Jesus goal v Liverpool Champions League
    Sterling pen v Liverpool Champions League
    Sane goal v Liverpool Champions League
    Salah goal against us Champions League

All VAR games and that's just from the top of my mind never mind the rest against us.

No it's not corrupt one single bit....