Is the game bent?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by SouthStandStander, 18 Aug 2019.

1. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    only the top 4 were VAR games They only introduced it from the ECL knockout stages last season as a way to stop us

2. SWPISHOME

SWPISHOME

The game away at Shalke was VAR but according to them their was technical problems. Sorry forgot the rest wasn't.
    They were only the clowns standing beside the goal that seen Sterling getting wiped out from half a yard away.

3. 7evens

7evens

I think the game is bent but not in ways that any of us are ever allowed to see. VAR decisions, bad refereeing calls, all that, it's far too obvious, isn't it? If UEFA were really trying to fuck us over they'd have found more effective ways of doing so by now. Hell, FIFA could have made us walk the plank with over the youth transfer violations we've committed, but instead they've given us a fairly paltry fine and a slap on the wrist. UEFA might want to make an example of us over FFP, as they have done already in the past, but I don't think they're out to get us with refereeing decisions. For every decision we feel aggrieved by, every other team has one too. And for every decision fans of top teams feel aggrieved by, fans of mid-table and lower league clubs probably have tonnes. I'm not sure we'll ever reveal corruption in the game by scrutinising bad refereeing, it'll be in emails and documents that are hidden behind password protection and kept under lock and key, financial records we don't understand, all that.

4. Newman Noggs

Newman Noggs

City can't openly accuse the PL of cheating but, if I was in charge, I'd issue a statenent along the lines of;

"Manchester City Football Club has become aware of rumours and speculation on social media concerning recent VAR decisions which have adversely affected the club. We would like to reassure our supporters and neutral football fans, that the club has complete faith in the integrity and transparency of the manner in which the Premier League and its referees are using the system. We have no doubt at all that there is no "manipulation" of results and that "these sorts of things will even themselves out over the course of the season""

TonyM and TheThirdDeano like this.
  5. Yes it is. No question.

6. bluetonium

bluetonium

With the amount of money involved in, and to be made from, the premier League and uefa champions league, I'd be more shocked if they weren't a target for those looking to manipulate it.

I can also understand that every time a team gets a decision they don't like, then they question inevitably pops up.

The fact that the topic is largely ignored officially though is odd. Sure, they want to protect the brand and disassociate with such claims, you'd think, so why not tackle the subject head on? Or would that bring up too many dark areas?

To control such a high profile event and ensure certain outcomes would be enormously difficult. VAR could aid in that, so what safeguarding happens? Are operators vetted?

In markets where money can be made from almost anything, be it corners, winners, goals allowed it not allowed, specific events in specific minutes of a game, there is much protection needed against manipulation. Does it happen? Not sure, the governing bodies are too silent on it to make an informed opinion.

7. chelseaaway84

chelseaaway84

the premier league is desperate not to become Germany or Italy where the same team wins it every season, it has no respect for what Pep and the players achieve and how high they have raised the standard, everything will be done to stop us winning it

peewit57 likes this.
  8. jimbo101

jimbo101

Let's see what happens in a similar situation involving Liverpool.
    Will they get a late goal ruled out like that?
    Will they fuck.
    They'll get a few decisions against them when already 3-0 up, but real crunch decisions against them, against top opposition at home!
    Not a chance.

9. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

The performance of the officials on Saturday, the blind bat armed with a whistle and his oppo armed with a monitor, demonstrated at a couple of points in the game one or both of the following: gross incompetence or a complete misunderstanding of the word 'integrity'!

Eccles Blue likes this.
  10. Fame Monster

Fame Monster

[​IMG]

Same ref as Saturday but guess which one was given?

portisheadblue and Don Karleone like this.