Is the game bent?

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by SouthStandStander, 18 Aug 2019.

1. WestGorton

WestGorton

VAR has cost us the title possibly and the chumps league last season. I was at Schalke to see the corruption from the outset. Llorente handball it in. Severn Trent twice today.

2. FightLikeAGirl

FightLikeAGirl

Team supported:
    Everton
    Given what happened with us and Brighton, yes.

3. SouthStandStander

SouthStandStander

I've been going to watch city since I was 4. I'm now 37. I honestly feel like giving it up. Now I'm not being mard here. The level of blatant corruption that we've witnessed the past few years has really put me off the whole game. It's the constant media bias. The different rules from Eufa for different teams. The cheating and corrupt referring and VAR decisions in city games and liverpool games. It's all fucking bent, its undeniable. I wish the club could do something about it. Because if die hard fan's like me are thinking this way now, then i can see a lot of people giving it up in the near future.

ctid1894 and Alan Buster Ball like this.
  4. meeesh

meeesh

Never a pen that,but believe me when I say there will be more dodgy decisions to come yet for both you and us

5. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    Been going since I was 8 now nearly 64 and I feel exactly the same way

SouthStandStander likes this.
  6. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

VAR is cowardly. It allows EVERY SERIOUS ISSUE to be “filtered” through a lens that is, at best, clouded by not wanting to go against a ref, even when he has made a bad decision.

Ironically, even if Aguero had scored from the incident when the ball hit TAA’s OUTSTRETCHED ARM, VAR would have ruled it out because the ball rebounded off Bernardo’s arm, COMPLETELY ACCIDENTALLY!

When you think about it, IFAB have created themselves a BRILLIANT RULE, which allows them to have complete control over all the major decisions and use excuses when needed, or video when they want it. They get to choose which frame they use for offside, they get to choose which video views they can use to support their decision on contentious issues. They have created a method of controlling the game even further, using a team of officials and video to protect themselves AND, even when the video shows otherwise, they get to give an “explanation”...including a justification why it isn’t a “clear and obvious error!”

GENIUS!!!

7. jrb

jrb

A Premier League statement said: "The VAR checked the penalty appeal for handball against Trent Alexander-Arnold and confirmed the on-field decision that it did not meet the considerations for a deliberate handball."

8. AshLunn92

AshLunn92

I think there is clearly some corruption but I just can’t understand why? What does anyone have to gain from city failing that is worth the risk of A. Being found out and B. Having your new fangled VAR system being hung out to dry. Why are we that hated?

9. Don Karleone

Don Karleone

And that will be that.

Nothing more said about it. Bent as fuck

10. blue44

blue44

Team supported:
    St Marks West Gorton
    Im 54 now
    been going for years
    my lad who is 12 and been a season ticket holder for 8 years now,is like me ,sick of this corruption
    for fuck sake city,take your fucking gloves off and fucking fight you pussies
    if not,mancs like us are just going to walk away,100 years plus of support going back to my grandad gone, cos of this shit
    i fucking despair