Is the squad weaker since Mancini took charge?

pee dubyas crayons

Seems to me like the squad is getting weaker since Mancini took charge.

Bye bye Robinho arguably our only world class talent apart from Shay Given

Adam Johnson - great player in the Championship but I'd have Weiss in the squad over him any day

Vieira - big name, but arguably past his best and in a position we dont need strengthened

I realise that Robinho and Weiss are both technically City players, but I'm talking about the here and now - this season we must break the top 4 or our chance will likely be gone.

It's only a matter of time until some rich Sheik buys Liverpool or Villa, or god forbid the rags.

Maybe I should wait for the very end of the window to say this but I'm getting extremely nervous and confused with this lack of transfer activity into the club.

Weiss and Robinho weren't regular starters anyway and Vieira is a welcome addition, he is also a leader, something we are sadly lacking at the mo, so no, I don't think we are any weaker.

Seems to me like the squad is getting weaker since Mancini took charge.

Bye bye Robinho arguably our only world class talent apart from Shay Given Tevez, Adebayor, Ireland, NDJ

Adam Johnson - great player in the Championship but I'd have Weiss in the squad over him any day one for the future

Vieira - big name, but arguably past his best and in a position we dont need strengthened cant lose from this signing, will help NDJ get even better and will take a coaching role at City

Maybe I should wait for the very end of the window to say this but I'm getting extremely nervous and confused with this lack of transfer activity into the club. The owners are clearly reluctant to spend any more money this season since we already have a very good squad, and there's not much available out there this time of year anyway, wait til the summer

And finally, chill. Even if we dont make top 4 this year we will be challenging for it for years to come, were only going to get better.

Go on then... I'll say yes, I do think that at this moment in time, we are weaker as a squad.

In terms of numbers we've lost Weiss and Robinho and not replaced them. Johnson got injured earlier on, and we've replaced him with Vieira... who unfortunately seems just as injury prone!

RSC is a month away... from his next injury lay-off... and if we sell Benjani today then we're down to ONE target man in the squad... a player who may or may not be focussed on football at the moment.

Players such as Bellamy and Tevez have traditionally had injuries, so we've been fortrunate so far that they've not broken down again... but if they do, then as things stand we are well short of attacking options.

This could all change in the next couple of days... but I think if we are to seriously challenge for top 4 we are 4 players short at the moment.

Oh, and for those who believe we can afford to wait for next season to make a better challenge... why? Why wait till next season for something that is staring us in the face at the moment, that is ours for the taking NOW.

Next season Liverpool could have new owners. The Rags and Chelsea and Arsenal aren't going to be weaker. Spurs and Villa will still be there. Even Everton may have more luck with injuries and Birmingham City could start splashing the cash.

Nothing is certain that next season wil be better. If we can't attract the best players now, why are they going to sign for us in the summer if we are still not in the Champions League?

Doesn't make sense. They won't come now... but they will in the summer... explain?

So i say... take the bull by the horns, top up the squad and get 4th. spot THIS season or we may live to regret it.

I expect we'll be bringing someone in. The window isn't shut yet.

What I am concerned about is the whole issue of Mancini being on trial with us. That could prove to be a big barrier in putting off potential transfer targets.

not sure if we got weaker but i do believe that MHughes could have gotten us 6-2 over these past 8 games. I am not saying Mancini isn't a good coach but i do believe we're not going to play as attractive as we did under Hughes simply bc he's more focused on defense. Yes defense is important but 0-0 scores won't get us in the champions league

This thread is all a bit premature really. Lets see where we are when the window shuts.

rkmrecordz said:
not sure if we got weaker but i do believe that MHughes could have gotten us 6-2 over these past 8 games. I am not saying Mancini isn't a good coach but i do believe we're not going to play as attractive as we did under Hughes simply bc he's more focused on defense. Yes defense is important but 0-0 scores won't get us in the champions league

We've not had a 0-0 since Mancini arrived... have we? Or am I missing something?

We are scoring more regularly than under Hughes, we have won 6 out of 8 games... something that Hughes failed to acieve in more than double that number of games.

And we are playing far more attrractive stuff!

It's 9 draws on the trot that might stop us getting in the Champions League!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.