Is the squad weaker since Mancini took charge?

Soulboy said:
rkmrecordz said:
not sure if we got weaker but i do believe that MHughes could have gotten us 6-2 over these past 8 games. I am not saying Mancini isn't a good coach but i do believe we're not going to play as attractive as we did under Hughes simply bc he's more focused on defense. Yes defense is important but 0-0 scores won't get us in the champions league

We've not had a 0-0 since Mancini arrived... have we? Or am I missing something?

We are scoring more regularly than under Hughes, we have won 6 out of 8 games... something that Hughes failed to acieve in more than double that number of games.

And we are playing far more attrractive stuff!

It's 9 draws on the trot that might stop us getting in the Champions League!
THANKS FOR SAVING ME THE TROUBLE

It didn't take long for the bandwagon calling Mancio a poor manager to start did it.
We are better defensively, more organised, concede less goals, harder to beat, play better football, and win more games with this guy and he's ONLY been here 5 weeks, already he has brought on and blooded Boyata and knows he can rely on him in the future !
Plus given a lifeline to what were "dead wood" .

BobKowalski said:
No. It is stronger in that Mancini makes much better use of the squad.

Robbie has been away with the fairies for a while so better out than in. Players that have not been used at all or featured fleetingly have responded well when called upon (yes even Benjani) and young talent from the ranks (Boyata) has been bloodied and look excellent.

In a real sense Mancini has increased the size of the squad through his willingness to utilse players that would never have featured under Hughes which gives him greater options and allows him to cope with injuries to key players. Mancini can actually coach players as well which is light years away from the previous managers tactics of 'got a problem' = 'buy a player'; 'still got a problem' = 'buy more players' and repeat.

Great response. Boyata and Ibrahim both look very promising and Richards looks far better than he did a month ago.

Yes but we're still winning games! Bridge Lescott Toure Ireland SWP Adebayor Santa ruz Robi have all been absent! so we've been playing with the bones of our squad!

Negatives from this: we lost at OT and mainly due to lack of options!
Positives: Kompany has become our very best defender and should keep his place even if we cloned a 28 year old Franco Baresi!

What have Robbie and Vlad given us this season? Pretty much fuck all

The truth of the matter is that it's most likely we won't even notice they're gone.

I don't think we're weaker at all. Signing Adam Johnson doesn't necessarily mean he'll play. We could quite easilly keep him on the books and loan him back out.
He's brought in some experience in Vieira...ok so we're yet to see him play, but I'm sure his experience alone will add to the ethic required to get where we want to be.

He has also brought through the likes of Boyata into the squad, shown faith in him and thus given us further defensive options to fall back on.

Onwards and upwards in my opinion !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.