Is there a reason why the club's name is not on the seats?

Writing on seats looks very tacky in this day and age

Always seems a bit bland when it's empty and tv use it as a backdrop for interviews. Instead of a name what about having the second tier seats same colour as the classic City scarf , ie sky blue white and maroon in the style of a scarf, all the way around ?

My mate put the seats in the Kippax many years ago. There were four of them (who did it - not four seats, despite what the press think we get more than that for a home game) - I remember they charged £7 per seat, no idea what the profit was. I do know they were just told what colour and then to go out and source them themselves.
I always recall they also had some religious meeting at the ground (can't recall the religion) but I know they had to put dividers in the mens toilets so nobody could see anybody else peeing. Not adding much to the debate but always thought that quite funny

Always seems a bit bland when it's empty and tv use it as a backdrop for interviews. Instead of a name what about having the second tier seats same colour as the classic City scarf , ie sky blue white and maroon in the style of a scarf, all the way around ?

I'm not really bothered what it is whether it's your suggestion or MCFC or Manchester City, just something to make it look a bit more like home so to speak and less like a sterile concert venue.

Because it's not the 1990s?

Maybe but you could say that about lots of things. Flags, ticker tape, inflatable bananas, the murals inside the concourse, replica shirts. Expressing visual support for a football team is a bit tacky and a bit kitsch but I'd rather overdo it than underdo it. Pretty much every top team in world football (so it's not exactly small-time) has the team name on the seats and for me, you wanna make your home ground as personal as possible - whether that's with the name, initials or badge on the seats. Also for those who care about the handful of empty seats in the East Stand and how it looks on TV, it might make them less noticeable if the empty seats aren't just blue but white/black (in the spelling out of our name).

Personally I dislike having wording in the seats bit tacky Some clubs even have sponsor’s name or logo even tackier

A couple of years ago, when we had the rugby, our stadium was always mentioned as The CoMS and not the Etihad. Is that the reason. Never found out the reason for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.