Is there an unspoken agreement from some clubs not to sell to us?

I think we’re shrewed in our incoming business deals. We won’t be taken for a ride or pay FIFA 21 prices or Twitter sphere valuations. We offer what we think is fair and negotiate from there, we won’t go above what we believe is fair and good value for ourselves, quite rightly too.
Release clauses are good for us because it cuts out the ‘haggling’ if we deem it a fair fee we seal the deal. No point messing about. We will probably see this very thing again with Haaland next summer. We will be in for him of that Ive no doubt.

I think most of us agree that the last window did not meet expectations leaving us with the same 3 gaps we had at the start.

There may be a reason for this.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday that said Villa were almost ignoring our offer and were instead trying to sell to United and Real Madrid. It even got to the stage where Grealish’s people would have considered taking it legal and it was eventually settled at owner to owner level which is very unusual.

With Kane I was listening to The Double Pivot podcast, who look at transfer deals like this objectively in terms of value, and they thought it was a strange illogical decision for Spurs to keep Kane.

Then we have United signing Ronaldo in a move which seemed designed purely to stop City from getting him rather than a genuine need in their squad. We have been down this road before with Sanchez.

Then on a European level we have Napoli agreeing to sell Jorginho to us only for Chelsea to step in and sign him. We also have Dortmund and Bayern bad mouthing us unless they want something themselves.

In terms of decision making bodies we pretty much have zero representation at UEFA or the ECA in stark contrast to PSG.

Not wanting to sound like this is a conspiracy theory but it’s a possibility that some clubs have agreed to not sell to us if it can be helped.

All these things might begin to explain our recent showing in the Transfer Market or certainly be a factor.

Ten years ago Harry Redknapp warned clubs it was futile to try and stop City and to compete by improving their own clubs. It would seem that ten years later nothing has changed.

Luckily our Academy is likely to produce the best crop of youngsters since United in 92. We might need them.
No, as evidenced by your selection of players.

Villa were just hoping to start an auction given United tried to sign him the previous summer, presumably Grealish wasn't absolutely against signing for them at that time? This time around we wanted him and it was job done.

Spurs just wanted more money (straight cash and possibly all up front) than we thought he was worth.

Ronaldo was offered to us first, we talked about it and said thanks, but no thanks.

Jorginho wanted to follow his manager by all accounts. Since Chelsea were paying for him and Sarri both, I'd hazard a guess that they asked Roma to keep quite until it was announced.

You didn't do a great job of not making it sound like a conspiracy theory btw. ;)

Levy wouldn’t have sold Kane to anyone.

Ronaldo was never coming to City as Pep didn’t want him, mendes used City’s name and lied to get his move to the Rags.
I must admit, I got whipped up in the Ronaldo frenzy for a bit - mainly because signing him would've been a laugh - but in the cold light of day there's no way in a million years Pep + Ronaldo would've resulted in anything but a disaster.

Our cast off are not on 100k either we have a lower wage bill than United and Liverpool or have in certain recent seasons and our academy kids and the young’s players the ones we actual sell are not on loads we don’t sell our senior 100k players and we don’t want to

Really, I think it would shock you what some of our players earn.

Take Benjamin Mendy as an example - been considered a cast off for two seasons - earns close to £140k a week.

People like Jesus, Bernie, Laporte - all who have contemplated moves but already earning over £100k a week and clubs can't meet that and also factor in our valuations.

£100k was just a figure I used as an example.

Tosin was on £25k a week as a kid with little experience under his belt, same goes for Patrick Roberts and such.

All fringe, earning amazing money and a barrier to us asking for decent fees, certainly less than true market value.

Adebayor on £190k a week, couldn't shift him and had to accept £5m from Spurs to get his wages off the bill.

We pay handsomely, whether they be elite like KDB, or Zin at the lower scale.

And that's before other achievable bonuses.

No.

Thread over.

tbf by all accounts we thought we would get him on the cheap. We tried to play poker and when it was clear it was 150m or nothing we pulled out. That is just business.

As for Grealish being hawked about, I don't expect anything less. Villa wouldn't be doing their jobs properly if they didn't but its pretty small time because what if rags had said yes? Grealish had it made it clear he wanted City so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
Villa just wanted to shout from the rooftops how Madrid and the rags were bidding for Grealish because thats how big they are....

There is no collusion to not sell us players, if there is they aren't doing a good job because we have won 3 prems in a row and taken key players from most top clubs in europe on our way.

Jorginho wanted the easy life with Sarri so held on to the end to wait for him to go to Chelsea and so forth. Its taken him 3 years and he has 1 CL to show for it and if Lampard was there he would have no trophies and probably been sold.

Clubs dont like dealing with us because they can't take the piss anymore.

We buy players on a release clause where possible because its straight forward and we don't have to listen to Levy, ADL, Perez and so forth banging on about FFP and how City have tapped up their players and should be sent to the pits. Speak to the player, send his lawyers the money, player joins. Job done.

Here endeth the lesson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.