Is there any point in expanding the stadium now?

That’s you though, who knows if everything will be forgiven for a certain percentage of fans.
There were loads saying that’s it I’m done, some will forgive, some would have just been drama queens and some might actually be done.
Who knows.
Add to that people may be on their arse (financially) from covid.
Let's hope all is not forgotten and football cleans it act up, it needs to, across the board.

But football fans have short memories, and big clubs have big money and we all know money talks!

Not everyone can go week in week out.

Matchday tickets is the issue, they should be affordable, easy to get, freind's and family need to be able to go to a match on the spur of the moment and sit together, if this happens we would fill the stadium easily and would HAVE to expand.

Just do it City, take a lead, it would be wonderful to bring back home the record crowd for a domestic game.
Sitting together is the bigger issue, yes tickets should be cheaper then again I’ve got match day tickets for some games for my son and me for about £35.
Speaking for myself, but probably quite a few match day buyers, we are match day buyers because we can’t get to many games because we are living a distance away from Manchester. So ticket cost is actually a small part of going to a game, travel, hotels, meals are the biggest expense.
Anyway back to my point years ago when match day tickets went on sale there were big groups of seats available So a family or group of friends could buy seats together. Over the years, I guess due to relocations, the match day seats are now scattered all over the ground but in isolated pockets, my son and myself have to be really quick booking tickets together otherwise all the available seats are singles which must be harder to sell.
So my point is when /if we expand and have any relocation of family stand, singing stands, they need to ring fence blocks of seats for match day sales and not allow relocations to dilute those blocks.

Sitting together is the bigger issue, yes tickets should be cheaper then again I’ve got match day tickets for some games for my son and me for about £35.
Speaking for myself, but probably quite a few match day buyers, we are match day buyers because we can’t get to many games because we are living a distance away from Manchester. So ticket cost is actually a small part of going to a game, travel, hotels, meals are the biggest expense.
Anyway back to my point years ago when match day tickets went on sale there were big groups of seats available So a family or group of friends could buy seats together. Over the years, I guess due to relocations, the match day seats are now scattered all over the ground but in isolated pockets, my son and myself have to be really quick booking tickets together otherwise all the available seats are singles which must be harder to sell.
So my point is when /if we expand and have any relocation of family stand, singing stands, they need to ring fence blocks of seats for match day sales and not allow relocations to dilute those blocks.
Totally agree and with a far bigger capacity stadium that is very possible to do, big games apart.

Just wondering what you match going blues think. I know of one seat going spare in 110 next season because I'll not be using it and i cannot see the stadium getting back to capacity for a long time, that's if it ever does.

*Mods please merge if a similar thread.

because of covid - No we shouldnt.

because of the ESL and people not wanting to go?

They need to pick up their spat dummy, guarantee 90% of them will change their mind IF/WHEN we win the league

Let's hope all is not forgotten and football cleans it act up, it needs to, across the board.

But football fans have short memories, and big clubs have big money and we all know money talks!
It may help clean up football abit, might be something good to come out of this.
When we were shouting from the rooftops about ffp being about protecting the elite, no one cared, no one backed us except Martin Samuel and Souness.
They were all too busy sticking the knife into us, hating on us, ruining football etc..
Maybe if they’d have listen and backed us then, it might not have happened.
The top clubs will still be more powerful than the rest, but hopefully abit more balance will come from this.
Time will tell.

It may help clean up football abit, might be something good to come out of this.
When we were shouting from the rooftops about ffp being about protecting the elite, no one cared, no one backed us except Martin Samuel and Souness.
They were all too busy sticking the knife into us, hating on us, ruining football etc..
Maybe if they’d have listen and backed us then, it might not have happened.
The top clubs will still be more powerful than the rest, but hopefully abit more balance will come from this.
Time will tell.
LOL our actions of the last 72 hours have backfired on all of that, any sympathy for us, has gone and rightly so.

Shocking decision , and it looks like it can from the man himself.

But that's all over now, time to rebuild our reputation, learn and move on.

Haha what a load of shite you think young lads and lasses will give two shits that city flirted with this idea of a super league and that will make them go and support a West Ham or an everton , heard it all now ! A few old romantics might call it a day but that’s about it
I think the younger supporters were all for this. They would have loved to be playing barca , real etc every week

LOL our actions of the last 72 hours have backfired on all of that, any sympathy for us, has gone and rightly so.

Shocking decision , and it looks like it can from the man himself.

But that's all over now, time to rebuild our reputation, learn and move on.
We’ve never had any sympathy.
We were hated before this and hated after.
Hated by rival clubs, fans, media, pundits, everyone.
Not that I cared about this, still don’t.

I think the younger supporters were all for this. They would have loved to be playing barca , real etc every week
My two lads (18 and 12) couldn't give a toss for Real or Barca, they live for putting six past West Ham and Villa !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.