Is there any point in expanding the stadium now?

We've been largely flawless for 10 years, no English club has had our consistency or money poured in. The owners made a mistake, but were the first club to rectify the mistake by pulling out. If we never joined and pulled out, who knows if it'd go ahead or not.

They got it wrong. Badly wrong. I'm sure they'll reduce ticket prices to rectify it.

We've been largely flawless for 10 years, no English club has had our consistency or money poured in. The owners made a mistake, but were the first club to rectify the mistake by pulling out. If we never joined and pulled out, who knows if it'd go ahead or not.

They got it wrong. Badly wrong. I'm sure they'll reduce ticket prices to rectify it.
There is no way they are reducing ticket prices. Freezing is the best we will get.

I keep saying it in all the threads - the financial pressures in football are at an all time high. The Spanish clubs are set to go the same way as the Italians. Years of mismanagement, scandal and accruing debts and then the pandemic is a perfect storm. They need to maintain revenue just to stand still, changes are coming. If we maintain revenue we can continue to push on as we have been.

A couple of days ago I was wondering if there was a point to anything to do with football:-)

If City reduce prices press will say it’s bribery no doubt!

YES, make it huge and bring the prices down to let the working man and his family attend, free public transport to the game, give football back to the common man.
Great suggestion as surely our financial status doesn’t rely on gate receipts. It’s no more than petty cash. I personally don’t use any food or beer outlets in the stadium cos I’d overpriced and shite quality. I will be renewing I’m not missing out on the old codgers +65 rate even though it’s a 300 mile round trip. Been following city since 1965 and I’m fucked if I’m gonna allow a bunch of greedy no mark wankers to put me off. CTID hopefully not for a long time.

Could be a good time to drop the prices but then the problem is when do you then raise them again?
Supply and demand should be an indication of whether to drop prices or not. I think demand won't be high enough for regular SC holders to go back for several reasons. Plenty who were sat on the fence unhappy with VAR, covid fears and consequncial restrictions etc. And also those wanting to go but cannot because there's fuck all money down the back of the sofa and have already been priced out of attending games.

The saddest thing i feel is we(fans and club) have been diluted like a mega size bottle of nasty cheap pop, and many cannot stand the flavour nowadays, myself included.

This is the biggest risk. Going forward there will be games on tv at all hours like there has been this season. I could happily swerve midweek matches and just have a weekend ST if they did them but as they don’t I suck it up and drag myself there. A lot of people will have just got out of the habit too.
Its already been said that the current ‘game every night’ format wont change.
Its fine pushing TV support but its just going to push away from the match goers.

i believe match going attendance may have peaked

May i say i love our owners, made my dreams come true.

but .... they are at such a crucial junction. They called the ESL fiasco desperately wrong. Totally misjudges us as fans (not just our owners).
so its whether they have the awareness to call it right on season ticket prices etc. Im not confident to be fare.

Supply and demand should be an indication of whether to drop prices or not. I think demand won't be high enough for regular SC holders to go back for several reasons. Plenty who were sat on the fence unhappy with VAR, covid fears and consequncial restrictions etc. And also those wanting to go but cannot because there's fuck all money down the back of the sofa and have already been priced out of attending games.

The saddest thing i feel is we(fans and club) have been diluted like a mega size bottle of nasty cheap pop, and many cannot stand the flavour nowadays, myself included.
It's not diluted, it's just changed, it's a generational thing, the younger fans don't know any different, to them it's normal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.