Is there anything more cruel in sport..

alfabianchi

..than losing the title on goal difference?

Imagine having all of that hope built up inside you, carrying it until the final game of the season, the very last hurdle, then seeing that you've finished level with your closest rival only to lose on goal difference.

It's like travelling to the Hiymalayas to climb mount Everest, almost killing yourself to reach the summit, and on reaching the very pinnacle, you realise the battery in your camera is dead, then your knob falls off!

If you take in any of the football media over the next week you'll learn that this is actually the the most cruel thing that has ever happened in any sport:

[bigimg]https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.net/uploads/image/file/45652/cropped_Untitled-01.gif?ts=1398607686[/bigimg]

A simple slip denying super Stevie Gee his deserved title outweighs everything.

kenzie115 said:
If you take in any of the football media over the next week you'll learn that this is actually the the most cruel thing that has ever happened in any sport:

[bigimg]https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.net/uploads/image/file/45652/cropped_Untitled-01.gif?ts=1398607686[/bigimg]

Let's not gloat yet

kenzie115 said:

I felt for him until I remembered what he done to that bloke in a club. ****.

I didn't see it, but the way it was reported suggested it was an unlucky slip that could've happened to anyone. Notice no-one mentioned that the reason he was rushing to get it was because he miscontrolled it in the first place.

I'm With Stupid said:
I didn't see it, but the way it was reported suggested it was an unlucky slip that could've happened to anyone. Notice no-one mentioned that the reason he was rushing to get it was because he miscontrolled it in the first place.

Your dead right mate, just seen the gif above your post, he let that ball roll right past him.
Poor ball control gave rise to the whole brilliantly funny fuck up.

TCIB said:
I'm With Stupid said:

Your dead right mate, just seen the gif above your post, he let that ball roll right past him.
Poor ball control gave rise to the whole brilliantly funny fuck up.

I don't see any cause for amusement.

Probably, I admit, because I sold all my shares in 'Candles Galore' on Friday afternoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.