Is there still a "Top 4"

Think its down to a 'big two' at the moment, and then the challengers (us included) It would be great to see a season where there are 5 or 6 teams with a geniune chance of winning it.

Looking at our ability and the vast improvement the new owners have made to the infastructure of the club, that I'm starting to look at us being a top 4 club now, and not the top 6 I thought before and have said in previous posts.

I'd be happy with top 6 of course, but I'm starting to feel confident with finishing in the top 4. We just seem so much more of a complete package compared to the old school of pool, united and arsenal.

Anyway, I realise we can wait until the end of the season and know, but if we did that, they'd be nothing to chat and dream about ;-)

This season must be the most open contest for years don't you think? I still think Chelsea will pip it, with City, Spurs, United and Villa making up the 5, not sure on 6, maybe pool.

No one knows yet but it's quite simple. If Arsenal, Scum, Scousers and Chelsea finish top 4 then the term big four will continue to be used. If we finish 5th or higher with the rest of those teams still up there the term "big five" will probably be used, at least for a while.

GoForGlory said:
No one knows yet but it's quite simple. If Arsenal, Scum, Scousers and Chelsea finish top 4 then the term big four will continue to be used. If we finish 5th or higher with the rest of those teams still up there the term "big five" will probably be used, at least for a while.

Yeah. TBH. I put the question badly. I think I was trying to look and think are the days of pool, united and arsenal over as a major force for keeping people out of the top four prestigious places. Watching them recently, I feel that a lot of teams in the division have the ability to take points from them this season.

blueinbolton77 said:
GoForGlory said:

Yeah. TBH. I put the question badly. I think I was trying to look and think are the days of pool, united and arsenal over as a major force for keeping people out of the top four prestigious places. Watching them recently, I feel that a lot of teams in the division have the ability to take points from them this season.

The fact that Liverpool have already lost as many games as they did all last season is encouraging. With the Gooners, it remains to be seen but they've been inconsistent these past two years. The jury is out on Chelski too because they made a good start last year but faded quickly until Hiddick arrived. The rags, meanwhile, won't absorb the loss of Ronaldo and Tevez well. Their squad is too full of pensioners and unprovens. I think the gap has closed considerably. Whether it will be enough this year is anyone's guess but I am definitely holding my breath. This could be very good for us, indeed. Chelski will win the league, though, unless they repeat last season's mistakes.

liverpool has lost 2 games already with united losing 1 ... to burnley lol
great!

Everton have lost 1 too. our top 4 chances are ever promising (as long as we keep clean sheets)

bluenova said:
Fingers crossed as it'll make things more interesting.

Plus, while we could look at Spurs joining Everton & Villa as clubs we need to overtake, I think that if those three can push on from last season it'll bring the current big four a little bit closer to the pack, and so easier for us to catch.

The quality of our squad players should hopefully mean we're more consistant that those three over a full season, so any in roads they can make at the top will benefit us.

My first post: Couldn't agree more. After Spurs and then the Villa performance tonight, Liverpool have three points from three games. That's a different world. I think this is the season that ends the "big four" talk. I wouldn't even want to bet who will be there at the end. Maybe not us...yet, but we will in time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.