Is this any good?

what do you wanna do with the laptop? play/burn/music. Watch films. Use for work ?
I just spent ages looking at laptops and had to decide what it would be used for most before buying as the choice is baffling.
That one you're looking at has loads of memory and a good screen for dvd's

Got mine from www.dabs.com and they where bang on and £100 cheaper than anywhere else

Its not for work really. More for music & stuff, & going on the 'net. I'll be replacing my home pc with it.

If your going to spend that much that I'd definately reccommend getting the Intel core 2 duo processor inside.

TINY said:
If your going to spend that much that I'd definately reccommend getting the Intel core 2 duo processor inside.

that's what i got in mine and it's supposed to be very upto date gubbins the basically runs your pc. Apparently it's very important but most lappys with these processors are over £500

I would say from what you want to use it for, any laptop around those prices will be more than adequate. More computer savvy types, who do allsorts of wonderful stuff on their pc's, look at things like ram capacity and processor speeds etc.
Use a trusted seller, check the returns policy and delivery etc then get your card out, hit the 'enter' button and wait for the postman.

PS Acers own site is cheaper than anywhere else for there own lapotps.

www.shopacer.co.uk

If your not bothered about playing hi spec games then I would recommend at least 512MB ram (1GB better), at least 80GB hard drive, WiFi (G). Not sure id go for a 17in screen personally as i bought one for a specific reason at work recently and it seems bloody huge for personal use. Dual core would be desirable but not essential (mine at home isnt and is capable of everything ive thrown at it inckuding a bit of light video editing). I personally wouldnt worry too much about processor brand (Intel or AMD) as ive used both for years with no problems.

That Dabs site is usefull as you can click on the specs you want:

Clicky

I can recommend Acer, although theyre not a well known high street brand theyve been around since the 80s and are one of the worlds biggest laptop makers. Ive been using one for 2 years and its been superb, they also have a 4way cursor button which although a small feature is incredibly usefull as you can set the buttons as back and forward for your browser. they seem to have much better wireless reception than Sony or Toshiba or the two unbranded ones i use at work.

Once you know the spec youre after i would go and have a look around Comet and the other high st stores, may not seem to be the best place to buy a computer but sometimes youll see one that will meet youre need with some very good offer on.

I'd agree with TINY and stick to Intel when it comes to mobile computing, they're the dog's bollocks when it comes to dual core computing and the dynamic GMA and processor voltage is a battery saver

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.