Is this City best/worst team?

city warrior

I have been thunking this for a while, and it might seem oportunistic now, but I think it's a good discussion. Is this City worst team/season individually since 2016/2017? I think Pep and 4/5 key players deserve a lot of praise, because being at least in SF in all cup tournaments, and being 1st with a big diffeeence in the PL with the individual level from most City players is outstanding.

Pep changing our playstyle and adapting to the low level of a lot of players is very underrated. Just check Klopp's Liverpool, where despite the low level and injuries, Klopp has shown 0 adaptability.

Let's guve a rating to our players individually.

Fantastic all season: KDB, Dias, Foden, Gundogan.

Solid: Cancelo(poor lately), Walker(never great, but always solid), Stones, Bernardo(poor at the beginning), Mahrez, Rodri, Fernandinho.

Zinchenko, Ederson

Average: Gabriel Jesus, Laporte.

Poor: Sterling, Aguero, Ake, Mendy, Torres.

2017-2019 I think most would agree that 80-90% of our player were at the very least solid, and most of them were fantastic.

Why do you think the individual level of a big part of the team has beeen subpar?
Do you think we have "overachieved"?

I think the team has done incredible for having so many players with such a poor level.

Interesting post. Pep has got a lot out of the squad this year but due to there being no summer break, Covid and a heavy schedule rather than the inherent (lack of) talent of the players

I have been thunking this for a while, and it might seem oportunistic now, but I think it's a good discussion. Is this City worst team/season individually since 2016/2017? I think Pep and 4/5 key players deserve a lot of praise, because being at least in SF in all cup tournaments, and being 1st with a big diffeeence in the PL with the individual level from most City players is outstanding.

Pep changing our playstyle and adapting to the low level of a lot of players is very underrated. Just check Klopp's Liverpool, where despite the low level and injuries, Klopp has shown 0 adaptability.

Let's guve a rating to our players individually.

Fantastic all season: KDB, Dias, Foden, Gundogan.

Solid: Cancelo(poor lately), Walker(never great, but always solid), Stones, Bernardo(poor at the beginning), Mahrez, Rodri, Fernandinho.

Zinchenko, Ederson

Average: Gabriel Jesus, Laporte.

Poor: Sterling, Aguero, Ake, Mendy, Torres.

2017-2019 I think most would agree that 80-90% of our player were at the very least solid, and most of them were fantastic.

Why do you think the individual level of a big part of the team has beeen subpar?
Do you think we have "overachieved"?

I think the team has done incredible for having so many players with such a poor level.

I don't think KDB has been fantastic all season at all. He's had good games and poor games. I would say Bernardo has had a better season overall.

It's harsh to say Ake and Aguero have had poor seasons when they have been injured pretty much all season and have hardly played.

I'd put Torres as average. First season in a new league and hasn't had that many chances. Doesn't look great on the right wing though. I suspect he may be more effective on the left and through the middle.

City do lack star quality, only KDB has it.

City have sacrificed star quality for squad depth.

Its ridiculous IMO that we have 40-60 million players sitting on the bench regularly. Why not have cheaper back ups and more genuine stars?
Because there are so many matches you need a proper squad who all understand the system.

What’s Foden chopped liver?

Interesting post. Pep has got a lot out of the squad this year but due to there being no summer break, Covid and a heavy schedule rather than the inherent (lack of) talent of the players
The irony is alot of us blues including me have gone on about how much the rags have overachieved this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.