Is this more BS from the MIRROR

christened at st marks

Copied so we don't hit their site Bobby wants Italy Job

Roberto Mancini has rocked Manchester City by saying he wants to manage Italy.

The Italian revealed the one job that would persuade him to abandon City would be the chance to manage his country.

"You cannot say no to the national team," he said. "I would love to coach Italy one day."

Mancini, who saw Mario Balotelli score a debut winner in the Europa League at Timisora last night, has emerged as a managerial target for Roma. He has admitted he has found it hard to settle in England and misses life in Italy.

Although the Italian FA did not ask Mancini to succeed Marcello Lippi after the World Cup, the City boss said he would not be able to turn down his country.

"No, the Italian FA did not contact me," said Mancini. "So I cannot tell you what my answer would have been. But sooner or later it will happen."

Mancini had to warn new boy Balotelli to control his temper, despite his winning goal.

Balotelli, a £22.5million signing from Inter Milan, scored the 72nd minute decider.

But Balotelli marred his dream debut by earning a booking for shoving on an opponent and Mancini told his fiery young striker he could have been sent off in the Premier League.

"We must have a word with him about this, because the situation will be different in the Premier League than it is in Italy," said Mancini.

"But I was pleased with the way Mario played and I'm happy for him that he scored. He is a good player and I think he needs to play with the other players. It's important he gets to know his team-mates."

Balotelli hobbled off the pitch at the final whistle, clutching his right knee, but Mancini said the injury was nothing serious and the 20-year-old will be fit for City's Premier League clash with Liverpool on Monday.

"We don't think it's serious," said Mancini. "It was probably just a kick, but it's not a problem. Mario had a great debut. He needs to improve and get to know everybody, but it was the first time he had played with the team.

"But all of our players played well and we moved the ball around quickly. I think we deserved to score another goal because we had three or four good chances.

"It was a difficult game because Timisoara are a good team and they played very well in the first-half. In the end it was a good result for us. But they made it difficult for us by getting so many players behind the ball."

Robinho could finally be about to end his ill-fated two-year spell with City after Besiktas made a £16million bid for the British football's most expensive player. Robinho is said to been keen on the deal, which could rise to £26m with the completion of add-on clauses.

Fenerbahce are also due to hold talks with City over Robinho in the coming days, although the Brazil World Cup star is understood to favour a move to Besiktas, which would see him reunited with his former Real Madrid coach Bernd Schuster.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Roberto-Mancini-I-would-quit-Manchester-City-for-Italy-manager-s-job-and-boss-warns-Mario-Balotelli-over-temper-article559339.html#ixzz0x6wO4ahJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ro ... z0x6wO4ahJ</a>

Yes it is more bs or more shit stirring from the Mirror,
these are old quotes, he said ages ago he wants to one day manage Italy, but in a few years, not.
Yet again the papers out making a story when their really isn't one.

Its amazing isnt it??

Mancini goes from being the first manager most likely to be fired to being the favourite to manage his national team.

The article was shit and we should be getting used to this by now.

Mind you it was worth it for the comment about Balotelli being fit for the Liverpool game.

HellasLEAF said:
all he said was 'one day'.

Mou was also quoted as saying he would like to coach Portugal one day.

Correct - and very few Englasi managers would say different about the England job, Brazilian managers about the Brazil job and so on....

It would be bigger news if they said anything different - I doubt anyone has been 'rocked' - although that is what this rag biased paper is trying to do

They've got to level it up, there was actually a positive article about us yesterday.I thought it was too good to be true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.