Is Violent crime fuelled by violence on TV/Drama/Movies

Not the cause but I'm sure some disturbed people get further psychological effects.

It can't be good for some people listening to violent songs, playing violent video games and then sitting down to binge watch a programme glamourising crime and drugs, even if there is a moral to the story, it probably gets lost.

Wait...

Are 'Tom and Jerry' and 'Laurel and Hardy' the real source of our troubles...??

I blame Fatty Arbuckle, myself...
Hang on, I've just watched Tom and Jerry and I've had this strange urge to beat a cat to death with an iron, you might be on to something here.

Knife crime, drug related or gang related crimes or any crime for that matter. Are these becoming more common because of the violence that is now commonplace on TV, in drama and movies?
I would suspect
1. Lack of adequate policing
2. Lack of fear of traditional sources of discipline while growing up parents, teachers)
3. Merely higher sensation seeking headlines (whereas in reality at least in some regions and categories, crime rates have fallen)

It’s down to a general deterioration in society. Shit breeding shit. Like Billy Joe Saunders 7yr old punching one of his opponents in the bollocks at a weigh in then laughing about it and swearing his head off. Fucking little rat turned out like that because his dad appears to have been dragged up by no marks as well.

If there's a link between violent programming and violent acts (I'm yet to be convinced) then it's obviously not strong enough to be anywhere near as influential as the countless other factors. I think it's fairly safe to say that violence on TV has increased since the 80s, and yet violent crime has decreased. But politicians love to point to anything that absolves them of blame. We made cuts to the police, made cuts to the criminal justice system, made cuts to services for the poorest in society, presided over a decade of stagnant wages and shitty jobs, but it's definitely that brand new, never before seen Grand Theft Auto V's fault.

I am watching Britain’s Tudor Treasures. Hampton Court. All about Henry VIII.

Have already told the Mrs she better mind how she fucking goes.

Might plunder the local church later.

I would suspect
1. Lack of adequate policing
2. Lack of fear of traditional sources of discipline while growing up parents, teachers)
3. Merely higher sensation seeking headlines (whereas in reality at least in some regions and categories, crime rates have fallen)

1. A link between higher knife crime and lower police numbers has been disproved.
2. Human rights kicked in. Used to get a belt from your old man if you were in trouble.
3. It's not the headlines it's the coverage. News reaches everywhere now. Before you just had the radio, a few hours late, papers, a day late and the TV, news at 6pm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.