Is war imminent

Yeah but iran has planned and expected this for decades since GW2 also Iran would know america would relly on saudi and israeli air bases because they could tactically block and cause plenty of damage in the persian gulf and would have no quams bombing the two countries air bases hinder american air strikes.

Plus they have over the syrian conflict set up many splinter allies across the area, no telling what they have hidden in the dessert to repel air strikes even reaching them.

Add that to the fact Iran is a fuck off massive place and would certainly constript some of it's 82M citizens into service.

The yanks could probably win, with such a larger force and equiptment, but imho it would be along and bloody conflict of 2-3 years minimum, and would see people lose the will to continue.

In Iraq their army colapsed imediately, the revolutionary guard won't and Iran has trained in guerilla amd terrorist conflict for decades and trained others cannot see them falling without a real fight.

Then again I could be wrong and Iran would be crushed within a month.
Iran and Iraq fought an 8 year war in the 1980s and neither side could claim a victory. Trench warfare,human wave attacks,poison gas attacks and ballistic missiles fired into major cities. Millions killed on each side,probably the most attritive war since WW1.
So these so called elite units/military organisations couldn't beat each other over the course of almost a decade.
Along comes The American Blitzkrieg and one of these so called elite protagonists is overrun not once but twice. First time a politically limited victory achieved in 48 hours
Second time a complete and overwhelming American victory took a little while longer,all of 28 days.
Iran would not stand a cat in hells chance.

No doubt Putin is egging Iran on to divert from Russia murdering the innocents on MH17.. Do the Russian people not ever catch on that denial of anything by their Government may not actually be true.

Iran ain't that stupid that they would be lead into war by Russia when they already have a crippling economy due to sanctions. War would totally derail their economy.

Iran and Iraq fought an 8 year war in the 1980s and neither side could claim a victory. Trench warfare,human wave attacks,poison gas attacks and ballistic missiles fired into major cities. Millions killed on each side,probably the most attritive war since WW1.
So these so called elite units/military organisations couldn't beat each other over the course of almost a decade.
Along comes The American Blitzkrieg and one of these so called elite protagonists is overrun not once but twice. First time a politically limited victory achieved in 48 hours
Second time a complete and overwhelming American victory took a little while longer,all of 28 days.
USA! USA! USA!

One was backed by the kurdish, syria and libya (with clandestine help from Israel)

The other by russia, the US, west germany, the UK, kuwait, jordan, france.

I would say that Iran having just come off a revolution did well to both repel and advance on an Iraqi army with a better resouces and backers.

Only war weariness stopped the war, as I originally said if Iran can keep america from completely wiping out it's miltary completely any war would be drawn out and eventually everyone would get sick of it.

Also those going on about american military might winning the day.

Vietnam, korea, somalia, are not great examples and Iraq and Afghanistan are still a mess.

Being a bigger stronger army is not a gaurentee of a success campaign.

Hopefully it won't happen at all but a US assault would only fuck up the middle east and asia more

The way I see it, this is Trump's reelection bid, nothing gets more votes than good old nationalosm.

Think logically, why would Iran in their right mind would shoot down a US drone to provoke US when they are actively seeking an excuse?

Walking away from nuclear deal when Iran was complying and imposing sanctions without any good reason was the signal of intent by Trump administration of things to come. They've wanted this for a long time and with war Hawks like Bolton and pompeo in trump administration, it appears it might just be a matter of time.

Throwing the Region into another conflict when it hasn't recovered from the one that started in Afghanistan 17 years ago is a commendable Act for world peace.

This could have serious repercussions for UAE as well, they have a stupid older brother in Saudis who they can't say no to and if Saudis jump into war then UAE would be most likely compelled to join them. For Iran US might be inaccessible but UAE and Saudis are not.

At first I thought this was Fart just showing what a ‘hard’ man he is but this could easily spiral out of control.

*Please note I don’t think the following will happen nor do I want it to*

I honestly think that IF the Yanks wanted to roll over Iran like they did against Iraq (and Russia stay out of it) then the conventional war would last about two to three weeks. There’s never been a more hi tech, modern fighting force. Their air power alone would reduce the Iranian’s military command and control to rubble in a night. The only countries that would stand a chance against the Yanks would be Russia and China and that’s entirely due to man power.
Doubt China would stand a chance tbh, the manpower would mean nothing if the yanks were capable of destroying all their communications and equipment instantly and they are capable of it. Even Russia are probably in a place where MAD would be their only recourse.

Vietnam, korea, somalia, are not great examples and Iraq and Afghanistan are still a mess.
Terrain mate, all those countries bar Iraq had the terrain for guerrilla warfare. Iran's open and flat desert as far as I know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.