Is Yaya the greatest African player of all time?

Not an African player by that definition. If that's the case many players in the French team and Zidane would be African players then.
Not really the same thing. Zidane's parents were African but was born and raised in Marseille, France. Eusebio was born and raised in Mozambique, which is undeniably part of he continent of Africa, but at that rime was legally also technically part of Portugal.

Bit surprised at the amount of love Drogba is getting, never in Yaya's league. Had a couple of outstanding years and scored some important goals, but in the most part was a 10 goal a season man who put himself about a bit. Not a patch on Yaya or Eto'o for me

One for the slightly older fan but when I was around 13/14 there was a player (winger) at Marseille called Abedi Pele who was wonderfully gifted and George Weah must also be in the mix as a Ballon D’or winner.

Not really the same thing. Zidane's parents were African but was born and raised in Marseille, France. Eusebio was born and raised in Mozambique, which is undeniably part of he continent of Africa, but at that rime was legally also technically part of Portugal.

Bit surprised at the amount of love Drogba is getting, never in Yaya's league. Had a couple of outstanding years and scored some important goals, but in the most part was a 10 goal a season man who put himself about a bit. Not a patch on Yaya or Eto'o for me

Yeah weird one is Drogba, less than 1 in 2 striker. Scored more than 20 goals twice in 9 seasons(all comps) at Chelsea but turned up in the big games(finals) and vs Arsenal.

5 goals in 15 games against us, none after 07/08(10 game drought)

I noted, the other day, that Yaya has now decided to play again for the Ivory Coast and, if selected, will be leaving for the African Cup competition held in a warm climate within the next few days. I also noted that his agent has stated that Yaya will not be leaving City during this January transfer window. It’s also a fact that Yaya is mostly on the bench nowadays and January/ February are months when a lot of Cup games will be played when bench players will be called on the help the club’s rotation plans. I wonder if these issues are, somehow, related?
By the way, Yaya must come close to being the best African player of all time but, to my mind , would not come number one.

By definition he isn't an African player as he didn't represent an African national team in International Competition. Not only that but I still don't think he is the best ever African player if it counted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.