Is Your Partner Smarter than You...?

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
...Relationship-wise.

I'm just wondering whether it's easier to be with someone who is a level higher or lower than you when it comes to the equilibrium within the relationship.

Do you tend to argue less on political issues or more?

Is the tension higher when at the same level?

I'm not talking emotionally(although that MAY be a factor), I mean intellectually.

I’m very unforgiving (internally) if a girlfriend shown a failure to grasp something that I consider straightforward. It annoys the fuck out of me, which I recognise is a significant failing on my part.

Couldn’t go out with someone who was thick, but as long as two people are in the same ball-park, intelligence wise, they don’t both have to be dead-level intellectually. It would otherwise greatly restrict people’s options.

I would say all my girlfriends etc have at least been above average intelligence, with a couple being very smart. I find intelligence in a woman to be hugely attractive, but not the be-all and end-all. Being able to converse on the same level is hugely important, however.

Immodest as I know it sounds, I haven’t been out with anyone who I’ve considered to be smarter than me (although a couple were there or thereabouts) and I’m pretty certain you’d find all my ex’s in agreement with that, although it honestly wouldn’t bother me if any of them were. In fact, I reckon I’d love going out with someone who challenged me in that way. Think they could be a hugely positive influence on me. I reckon if I found a girl that I fancied, who fitted into that category, I would be very quickly smitten.

I’m very unforgiving (internally) if a girlfriend shown a failure to grasp something that I consider straightforward. It annoys the fuck out of me, which I recognise is a significant failing on my part.

Couldn’t go out with someone who was thick, but as long as two people are in the same ball-park, intelligence wise, they don’t both have to be dead-level intellectually. It would otherwise greatly restrict people’s options.

I would say all my girlfriends etc have at least been above average intelligence, with a couple being very smart. I find intelligence in a woman to be hugely attractive, but not the be-all and end-all. Being able to converse on the same level is hugely important, however.

Immodest as I know it sounds, I haven’t been out with anyone who I’ve considered to be smarter than me (although a couple were there or thereabouts) and I’m pretty certain you’d find all my ex’s in agreement with that, although it honestly wouldn’t bother me if any of them were. In fact, I reckon I’d love going out with someone who challenged me in that way. Think they could be a hugely positive influence on me. I reckon if I found a girl that I fancied, who fitted into that category, I would be very quickly smitten.

Couldn't agree more with that. I have very little patience for lack of common sense and I especially hate it when it comes from my wife as I know she is a smart lady.
She is far more intelligent than I am when it comes to certain things and vice verse versa.
No surprise given that she works for one of the countries largest law firms and I build houses. ; )

Couldn't agree more with that. I have very little patience for lack of common sense and I especially hate it when it comes from my wife as I know she is a smart lady.
She is far more intelligent than I am when it comes to certain things and vice verse versa.
No surprise given that she works for one of the countries largest law firms and I build houses. ; )
You’re right to say that intelligence takes many different forms. Certainly, I have zero artistic or musical intelligence, for example (which are both hugely worthwhile forms of intelligence to posses). I’ve posted before, that some of the smartest people I’ve met couldn’t read or write - and I should have prefaced my previous post accordingly.

I do think, however, that being able to converse with the person you’re with is essential.

...Relationship-wise.

I'm just wondering whether it's easier to be with someone who is a level higher or lower than you when it comes to the equilibrium within the relationship.

Do you tend to argue less on political issues or more?

Is the tension higher when at the same level?

I'm not talking emotionally(although that MAY be a factor), I mean intellectually.

Doesn't matter

In some ways yeah. In other ways no. Like all of us I reckon. She gets paid a shed load more than me mind.

My current partner is much less intelligent, academically and intellectually.

Makes up for it in life skills though, and means I can repeat the same useless boring facts and she finds it interesting and learns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.