Is Your Partner Smarter than You...?

I'd say that we're reasonably evenly matched in almost all areas but politically he's much more daily mail than me - sound bites for a cheap headline which I don't let him get away with. And he assumes too much about my views based on my location and family background. The last time he took me on, the cab driver listened to my (non racist, non sexist, remainist views) and agreed wholeheartedly with me. Like to think that I educated both of them that day.

I'd say that we're reasonably evenly matched in almost all areas but politically he's much more daily mail than me - sound bites for a cheap headline which I don't let him get away with. And he assumes too much about my views based on my location and family background. The last time he took me on, the cab driver listened to my (non racist, non sexist, remainist views) and agreed wholeheartedly with me. Like to think that I educated both of them that day.

Big head.

I was going to type smartarse but thought better of it.

I’m smarter than my wife but she is quite bright.

When we met I used to bore the fuck out of her with science trivia and she used to nod sagely feining interest....these days, 25 years later...she doesn’t need to do that and I talk less bollocks as a result.

Our relationship works very well. My wife is an automaton when it comes to work, she never complaints just crushes out the days, weeks, months, and years at work.

We make medium and long term financial and personal plans together.....usually my plans that I get her to agree to.....we’ve done pretty well so far.

I’m very unforgiving (internally) if a girlfriend shown a failure to grasp something that I consider straightforward. It annoys the fuck out of me, which I recognise is a significant failing on my part.

Couldn’t go out with someone who was thick, but as long as two people are in the same ball-park, intelligence wise, they don’t both have to be dead-level intellectually. It would otherwise greatly restrict people’s options.

I would say all my girlfriends etc have at least been above average intelligence, with a couple being very smart. I find intelligence in a woman to be hugely attractive, but not the be-all and end-all. Being able to converse on the same level is hugely important, however.

Immodest as I know it sounds, I haven’t been out with anyone who I’ve considered to be smarter than me (although a couple were there or thereabouts) and I’m pretty certain you’d find all my ex’s in agreement with that, although it honestly wouldn’t bother me if any of them were. In fact, I reckon I’d love going out with someone who challenged me in that way. Think they could be a hugely positive influence on me. I reckon if I found a girl that I fancied, who fitted into that category, I would be very quickly smitten.

They’re obviously not that intelligent........

Got to say I’m similar, she doesn’t grasp the most basic things at times and it drives me insane, I obviously show it as well as we then end up usually having a big argument about it. Frustrating as hell.

My missus is currently studying for an MA in Fine Art. It might sound poncy, but it ain't.

My highest formal Q is a BTEC HNC in Aeronautical Engineering, although I am currently studying for an FD in the same subject.

In terms of common sense, I am streets ahead. As an example, she was utterly bamboozled by the Guiness Clear advert to the point where she actually thought it was a real drink that you could buy. Oh how we laughed.

The most recent one, well academically, the gulf couldn't have been much wider tbh she had Bachelors degrees, Masters degrees etc etc, in fact, if she used all her titles there would have been more letters than she had in her actual name, me, I have zero qualifications.

intellectually, oddly, we were pretty much on a par, we could have a lot of very good and interesting discussions and view points, but she was one of those 'outside the box' thinkers.

Common sense wise, the chasm was as big as as it was academically, she had zero and I had plenty. odd how these things tend to work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.