Is Zabaleta the most passionate City player ever?

Another vote for Mike Doyle. He hated the ****s with more passion than the biggest headcase on any fansite today.

love the zabman but if you cut Tommy Doyle he would bleed blue blood , he regularly bollocked his fellow players (especially rodney marsh) if he thought they were not pulling their weight. He hated the Rags every bit as much as the supporters , he was a city supporter as a kid and came through the ranks , i have got plenty of city shirts but the one with number 4 DOYLE takes pride of place.

love the zabman but if you cut Tommy Doyle he would bleed blue blood , he regularly bollocked his fellow players (especially rodney marsh) if he thought they were not pulling their weight. He hated the Rags every bit as much as the supporters , he was a city supporter as a kid and came through the ranks , i have got plenty of city shirts but the one with number 4 DOYLE takes pride of place.

Who?

He's an absolute legend, but considering the time and place and the effect that his passion had on the rest of the team, Andy Morrison takes some beating for me. I love that fella.

Anyone who saw Mike Doyle part the Red Sea (of hooligans) knows the answer.

There is some footage on youtube of that day and Mike Doyle walking through the rag shit. Every other player did one sharpish but not Doyle he ran from no man. Trust me he was the one City player who the rags hated with a passion. He was on record of saying how much he hated them, he made no bones about it, they would have happily killed him. Well they had their chance but not one of them had the bollocks to try it. The footage doesn't show it but they started to mob up and get ready to attack and he just glared at them, in fact I am sure he gave them the ''Come on then'' signs with his hands. They moved aside and he walked off. Mike Doyle bled City to the core. Zabba is probably the closest we have had similar to him since. Mike Summerbee was not a man to be messed with either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.