Islamic Bank unveils range of ‘mortgage alternatives’

bornblueegg

Islamic Bank unveils range of ‘mortgage alternatives’

quote from 'Mortgage Strategy'

Answers pls

Re: Islamic Bank unveils range of ‘mortgage alternatives’

Don't know what the question is.

But Muslims I believe don't borrow and save money in the same way as other religions because of their faith. Sharia law prevents them from paying or receiving interest on loans. My colleague has just told me, but he also once told me that a bird at work fancied me and when I tried it on, she told me to fuck off.

fair play, just had no idea what was goin on!

She's just playing hard to get. Do what you did in pre school - offer her a cookie and look up her skirt. If that don't work smack her one

They buy the property and lease it to you over so many years. It is interest by any other name.

just finished "rogue Economics by loretta napoleoni
she advocates this system of banking as it's against usury

90% of the book has left my head already ,due to it being hard going

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.democracynow.org/2008/3/31/loretta_napoleoni_on_rogue_economics_capitalisms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.democracynow.org/2008/3/31/l ... apitalisms</a>

better than what we have ,I think all profits have to be reinvested so money goes around

If mortgage bonds are secured corporate bonds then how did the subprime bubble happen? I am trying to understand secure bonds and I know mortgage bonds are secured bonds,if that is the case,even if they default ,the investor should get the prinicipal back.Can someone give an explanation of this works.

sanjeevani said:
If mortgage bonds are secured corporate bonds then how did the subprime bubble happen? I am trying to understand secure bonds and I know mortgage bonds are secured bonds,if that is the case,even if they default ,the investor should get the prinicipal back.Can someone give an explanation of this works.

No, but I can explain the offside rule.

I think google may have done this chap in, anyway..

The roots to subprime are a lot wider than the bonds/mortgages themselves, even insured against losses the impact was to big, see AIG.

You could link it back to trade surpluses with China and allsorts.

TBF, wiki will tell you most of what you need to know, and there are many articles about the political pressures banks faced to give out loans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.