Islamophobia in the Conservative Party

Both those religions have killed billions over the millenias
Well as there’s not been a billion people all or dead born before the last century then that’s not completely true.

But yes, religion has always been used to justify wars and fortify the minds of those engaged in the fighting. Islam is just running a few centuries behind Christianity and hasn’t yet enjoyed a reformation or enlightenment.

Whoever said "This is the UK, sunshine" obviously needs locking up for hatecrime.

"Islamophobia" is a nonsense term created and used to make people who criticise or simply dislike Islam out to be akin to racists, antisemites, sexists, homophobes etc.

Until people, especially the Muslim Council of Britain, an extremist infested organisation, drop the use of this childish label the fight against actual antimuslim bigotry won't make much headway. (which is, sadly, not the MCoB's goal)

Whoever said "This is the UK, sunshine" obviously needs locking up for hatecrime.

"Islamophobia" is a nonsense term created and used to make people who criticise or simply dislike Islam out to be akin to racists, antisemites, sexists, homophobes etc.

Until people, especially the Muslim Council of Britain, an extremist infested organisation, drop the use of this childish label the fight against actual antimuslim bigotry won't make much headway. (which is, sadly, not the MCoB's goal)

I agree - I'd happily go with anti-Muslim bigotry as a label for them.

Islamophobia" is a nonsense term created and used to make people who criticise or simply dislike Islam out to be akin to racists, antisemites, sexists,
Correct, it's used as a tool to quash any criticism of Islam.
I do not know many non Muslims who have any love for the religion, as SWP said, it is centuries behind a reformed Christianity, with tenets abhorrent to most.
You will not gain any respect by effectively demanding that people mustn't criticise.

Well there’s no one single fact that would prove it. I’d have to give you hundreds of facts and I really can’t be arsed but it’s absolutely obvious to everyone who lives in the real world though. One fact I saw though recently published in an annual report by Europol was that Islamic extremism was responsible for 100% of all religious, terrorist attacks in Europe that caused loss of life. Added to that is the fact that there’s no Christian or Jewish equivalent (or if there is, it’s nowhere near as prominent) to the idea of Jihad in Islamic culture, and that idea is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths (maybe more) every year. It’s hard to name a single Muslim state with an adequate humans rights record unless you can name me one? The recent rise of Islamic State causing mayhem across the world from the U.S. to Europe to the Africa to the Phillipines to the Middle East. You can also look at instances of homophobia, female genital mutilation, beheadings and genocide in the Middle East and you soon start to get a very, vivid picture about what’s behind it. That’s not to say I like Christianity or Judaism or to dismiss that, once upon a time in the world, they were bigger problems than Islam but at this moment in time, nothing comes close to the evil that it promotes sadly.

Your first fact is wrong.

Correct, it's used as a tool to quash any criticism of Islam.
I do not know many non Muslims who have any love for the religion, as SWP said, it is centuries behind a reformed Christianity, with tenets abhorrent to most.
You will not gain any respect by effectively demanding that people mustn't criticise.

Yes but there are many modern thinking, non hardline, non fundamentaist muslims all over the world, getting on with their daily lives, not hating gays, oppressing women, having a jihad against everyone else, who are hated by some, because they are muslim.

Generalising that all followers of Islam are bad is prejudice and religious hatred.

Hate the way the religion is used by some nations and sects of the faith, but don't hate good people for their beliefs.

What I am saying is like any religion some will hide behind words like Islamaphobia to stop critism, but it cannot be ignored that there are plenty who hate muslims, and don't care if it's some jihadist terrorist or the local guy living down the street working and doing no harm to anyone.

Their are christian fundamentalist (familt research institite and chricstian voice in the US come to mind)
Catholic fundemtalist (the st pius lot)
Budhist fundamentalist (969 group in burma and bodu bada in Shri Lanka are nutters)
Muslim fundamentalist (isis, al nusra etc)

All these groups are wankers, but doesn't mean everybody following that religion agrees with them (and I am not saying you are saying that btw), so those that hate muslims for being muslim without context of their life and values is anti-islamic and maybe that is the term that should be used.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.